Notices

Something I've been dreaming about...

Old 09-08-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something I've been dreaming about...

Last year I came out of a long term marriage where I was isolated and it was completely dead. I had been drinking to cover the pain and did that with very little people knowing I was. Then when I left him I went wild... See I met him when I was 15 and had a relationship until 42 years of age. He took my youth-he was 17 years older than me. When I was 21 I tried to go back to school, but having children I had to let go of this dream. My intentions were to leave him-I couldn't-I felt stuck-and have no idea why I stayed another 17 years-when the thing was dead... Well.. Now that I'm sober, away from that marriage, in a better situation.. My daughter who I had 17 years ago-is preparing for college and all that stuff and it's inspired me soo much... I'm entertaining the idea of going back to school. I haven't been able to get back to my original career-so I've had to take a waitressing job-so I'm ready. I don't want to depend on anyone and I want to be able to live a decent life-travel, etc.etc... Sobriety did this for me! Monday I go to some classes to get ready for the entrance exam. Last time I was in college I was maintaining a 4.0, 20+ years later I'm not there, but I'm gonna bust my butt-if given the opportunity! Keep your fingers crossed for me...
Old 09-08-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

What a beautiful post! So inspirational. I'm very happy to hear that you are going to pursue your dream of going back to school. I wish you the very best!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
What a beautiful post! So inspirational. I'm very happy to hear that you are going to pursue your dream of going back to school. I wish you the very best!
Thanks Suki!