Notices

thankful for my love

Old 08-08-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thankful for my love

I am so grateful/thankful for my boyfriend. We've been together two years now, were best friends for a few years before that and in either capacity, he has always been there for me. When I was working as an exotic dancer, drinking and doing blow every night and failing all my college courses, I went to him and spilled my guts about everything. I fully expected him to be angry with me, but instead he showed me compassion and understanding but was firm in directing me towards a better path in life. When I'd been clean for a year and my brother shot himself, all I wanted to do was drink myself into oblivion and snort all the drugs I could get my hands on to not have to feel that level of devastation. But my boyfriend was right by my side and kindly reminded me every day how much worse everything would feel if I let myself backslide into addiction at a time like that. He was there by my side, holding me when I cried, smiling at all the little stories and moments with my brother I shared with him, telling me how proud he was of how far I'd come and how strong I was being in one of my weakest moments. Even if the worst happened, and we split up, I don't think I would ever ever forget how much he was there for me when I really needed him. I live each day now trying to show him just how loved and appreciated he really is.