Notices

I am grateful for MORNINGS.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face I am grateful for MORNINGS.

I am not normally an early riser. However, lately I find myself wanting to get up just to see the sunrise. It just reminds me that this is another day, another gift, another chance. What shall I do with it? How shall I invest it? It is a gift so I better not waste it.

I am just sitting here again this morning sipping my coffee as the sun peaks over the horizon. Get to golf around 8am and then maybe a nap this afternoon. (...I recently retired). Being sober has really helped me to appreciate all of this so much more. This beautiful world has so much to see, to experience, to appreciate that I used to miss when my head was in a funk.

I think tomorrow morning will include another long walk. Hope to see deer and/or turkey or whatever that day has in store for me.

Hope others can relate. Also hope those that can't might know that there is hope, beauty, and another chance if you just continue to seek them out.

All the best to each of you.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the opportunity to enjoy a walk in a beautiful setting today....just need to get crackin!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a lovely and inspirational post. I too love the mornings; there is something very symbolic about getting up and everything else being still and waiting for the day to start. I love to get up, go for a run and come back and have a proper mug of coffee... bliss. Certainly couldn't enjoy all that with a hangover.