Notices

Impurrfect's gratitude list

Old 05-27-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks (((Fandy))) - I am texting a dear friend from here, clinging to SR and trying to remember it will be okay.

I swear....if it weren't for the friends I've made here, I'd be out smoking crack (not that I have money, but I know how to get it), but I'm not.

Tough times don't last, tough people do

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-27-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((Amy))):ghug3

Guess I will tell you what my uncle used to say, whenever I complained about anything. Not that you are complaining, only I was reading through this thread (did not know it existed) and saw RZ talk about whining. Just wanted to throw some lighthearted comment or something, cause I dont wanna see you feeling down. If we both feel down, well, we just have to cut it out, so we can start climbing up again

Not that this is light hearted, but he would say, "Once I complained because I had no shoes, then I saw a man who had no feet". well that did shut me up, but really , it might have been nice if he had just said " tell me about your feelings" just once-lol!

I worked today, and boy, i had the MOST aggravating customers today. two kids , wanting a free balloon (they were kinda big for that),they leaned on a glass counter, holding several bonsai plants, and they knocked it down, breaking several bonsai, and making a mess. their mom came out of her stupor, came over, and said, "Nothing was holding that shelf up", it just slipped off. yeah? it was floating in air?well, i guess it was bound to fall sooner or later. my whole day was pretty much like that....

hugs, love, and wishes for a better day tomorrow, for you and me!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

OOps,

this is a gratitude thread, not the whining one..sorry.
uh, I am grateful today for being able to defrost the cooling unit of the freezer with my blowdryer, so the fridge works like it is supposed to, and I dont have to ask my landlady to fix it, which would mean i would have to hide two cats, two strays outside, and one grown son.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((Chicory))) - thank you. I just went to get Elvis inside...do not feel comfy about a sick black kitty out after dark. Made the mistake of bending down to pet him, he climbed UP me (very sharp claws) to my neck.

He loves his mama, his mama loves him...today? That is pretty awesome My current cats are my living amends to my previous cats.

Some days it's the little things that remind us to be grateful. I'm still in the "land of limbo" but I'm doing all I can. I've been here before, I will be here again, but it always works out as long as I do my part.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-27-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Domino, the white stray outside(who am i kidding, he is my outside cat) likes to stretch on my legs, digging in his rather sharp claws. my scream of pain actually evokes a startled look on his face-lol. i usually dont see much emotion on any of their little furry mugs.

elvis does love his mommy! he is so lucky to have you and you him. actually, it is now lucky to have a black cat. i have one too
Yes, those little things, they are wonderful. You are awesome (((amy))), you will rise to any occasion, I have faith , total faith, in you dear one.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's been way too long since I posted here. On Saturday, my niece is getting married. I helped raise her, and she is the kid I never had. Granted, we fought like cats and dogs, but we always knew---we had each other's backs. She is 5 months pregnant, and I am tickled pink of my great-niece-to-be. I do worry, as my nieces is about the 5th generation ACOA, but I will do my best to lead by a good example.

I lost my job, the company was bought out by someone else. My boss, and friend, is awesome and has has repeatedly told me "life goes on, and so do we" as well as "when a door closes, a window opens".

I have days when I am overwhelmed. Quitting smoking about 2-1/2 weeks ago probably doesn't help. I've been through worse, I can get through this. Grumpy? Oh yeah, I am DEFINITELY grumpy, but it won't last. I still have gratitude that I'm letting go of yet one more addiction, and gee...I think that's the last one I have? Totally amazing, and totally thanks to all my friends at SR

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-04-2012, 01:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Survivor

Proud of you Amy and do excited about your niece and the wedding and the little one growing in her belly.

I'm thankful that you are here and love sharing my experiences with you and vice versa.