Notices

5 days Clean

Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 days Clean

And I am greatful that I want to eat food, more food and then some more food instead of drink.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 days, sntinatree!

Old 02-14-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Congratulations on the 5 days, good job.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sober and Clean for a week now

Hello all, I am Cookie1030... this is my very first post. I have quit alcohol and percocets as of 1 week ago. Fear is a great thing. My Dr. told me this today. I have a lot of upper and lower GI problems and ER ran a blood test on me which showed very high liver enzymes level (700)....I immediately walked and the door and KNEW what I had to do that instant. I don't think I've had real withdrawals (serious ones) but I do feel better. I had blood drawn again today and will get results tomorrow...then to the GI Doc. I am very familiar with the 12 steps from a long time ago so I knew I had to get support of "The Group" and live by the 12 steps. I am SO grateful to be here and hope I haven't posted this in the wrong spot so if anyone wants to help direct me, I'd be ever so grateful. Thank you all for just being here as I have no where else to turn with my fear. Now if I could only quit smoking....but down to 5 smokes a day. I go back to my using days from the flowerchild era.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sntinatree View Post
And I am greatful that I want to eat food, more food and then some more food instead of drink.
I am hoping I will start wanting to eat soon too. One of life's blessed pleasures. <3
Old 02-14-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you

Thank you to all. I accept any and all suggestions and will accept friendships and emails. I can only speak for myself but I need them especially now. IMHO this is what is necessary to keep myself on the right track.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

snt & Cookie,

This is a great place to get support. There is also another good thread on here called Whiners Anonymous and it has some of the coolest people on the and also all the Gratitude ones. After here I am on my way over to some of them.

Hope you find everything on here that I have. Peace & Blessings
Old 02-15-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome to both Cookie and Snt

you are both doing great! (i had very elevated liver enzymes GGT, GGTP too~ but I waited another 5 months until i realized i was killing myself)

you are more than welcome to give grats and count your days here...this was one of the places I landed when i first started posting too.

I think the Whiners took me into their fold around thread number 30? (now we are on thread #70)....

"I whine therefore I grat"

seriously, practicing the attitude of gratitude is one of the best things I do every day.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Fandy, I'm trying to learn to maneuver here so any help from anyone is welcome. I will see if I can find the Whiners Anonymous group. I find I LOVE to whine although try not to too much! I am so happy to be back in the "GROUP" as I am familiar with 12 step programs....been away WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy too long. GRATEFUL to be back. Now I just need help learning how to navigate this forum. Thanks to all for encouragement and any help.
Group Hug,
Cookie1030
Old 02-24-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Going on 25 days!!!!!! Whoopee! Now if my MRI/MRCP are not bad as well as after I have GI procedures done in April......I will be one happy camper! Regardless I am grate to have broken the chain and will work hard NOT to have any kind of a relapse. So glad for this group. I hope my friend sntinatree is doing well to. I'll have to try to message her. Just wanted to share that recovery goes one and is a daily thing. A very GRATEFUL.....
cookie1030
Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just checking in here.....another week it will be 2 months and feeling SOOOOOOOOO much better, physically as well as emotionally. I have started to be able to eat and enjoy it again. Just keep working those steps in my head and heart.....whenever stress gives me a craving. I just remember how sick I was and how good it feels to be alcohol free!