Notices

So thankful today

Old 11-23-2011, 04:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

So thankful today

I'm in an incredibly good mood. It's moods like this that make me actually understand the real meaning of sobriety, not just the definition.

I'm am grateful for everyone that is in my life, regardless of how large a part they play. I am grateful to my doctor for making me feel so proud of myself, for always reminding me of what I've achieved and that it's not a small feat by any stretch of the imagination. I am grateful to my family because they've always been here, and always will.

I love and am very thankful for my partner - he's put up with so much from me, and now I can repay him by finally being the person he wants to be around, not the sub-standard drunken look alike.

I'm grateful for my pets. Even worse than the abuse I put myself and family through were the nights I forgot to feed them because I passed out before dinner time. I am so sorry. I am lucky I don't live alone, and that my partner was able to look after them.

I am also very grateful for Sober Recovery and the people in here who give me strength and inspiration.

I'm still newly discovering who I am, having never been a sober adult before, and I have been surprised to learn that I actually like the person I really am. I am very grateful for that.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wonderful, December, and what a beautiful post!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thank you Sneezy I feel like spamming the gratitude threads because really am that happy tonight
Old 11-24-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You Have To Do It For Yourself

Amen!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

FD we are all very blessed to be sober indeed.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that! Very inspirational.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
icutrauma1

FD, thank you so very much for that unselfish gracious statement. I had been in a 5yr relationship w/ DAGF, NA meetings, have read the forums incessantly and it is so refreshing that you acknowledge so many others before recognizing & showering yourself with achievements. Your statement about your partner was incredible. I can tell you that if my DAGF was to turn her life around all the nightmares, lying, cheating, manipulation would easily be forgiven to feel wanted to feel loved to feel like we were put first for but even just a moment. You just experienced what it is like to love someone purely. Love is a daily decision, all the decisions in a day directly or indirectly effect those you love most, including yourself.
Thank you for giving me hope that in recovery you are capable of taking others into consideration. Thank you so very much. I love you.....