Notices

Animals We Love Grats part 3

Old 12-14-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
AA member

Here are my two.Dylan the cat I have had almost 3years,he came as a kitten,he is a terrific character,he is currently on a diet!

Beau the dog is a lab/GSDx,he is a rescue dog and about 9years old,he has lived with me 18months,he is very easygoing and is much loved in the village,all the other dogs know him.He loves to be out and about.He has been with me into Birmingham city centre today and had his usual walk along the canal,through the woods and over fields.

Dont think I can upload 2 photos to 1 post so Beau will be on the next post!!!

Last edited by heath480; 06-15-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
AA member

Beau at the village fete,that is a corner of my good self!

Last edited by heath480; 06-15-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:43 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Little Patchie poo has an appt today at our local high school career center, at the animal care lab, for a bath and brushout. I'm grateful that the career center does such good work on my dogs and for so little money.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

Patches has been here a month now, and nowadays when I come home she comes into the kitchen to greet me and is wagging her tail!! I am so flattered! I'm grateful that she loves me so much!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Okay, this isn't really about animals, but there are some kittens in it.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!! Be sure to watch to the very end.

Christmas Eve/ Sarajevo [Timeless Version] - YouTube
Old 12-18-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

awww, (((Suki))) - I love it!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-18-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just gave Snoopy and Jack a marrow bone and I could see that Patches was jealous, or something, that she didnt get one. So I gave her a dental chew bone and by golly, even with hardly any teeth she's really tearing it up! Also grateful that today she licked my hand, over and over, as I was petting her. I love this little girl so much and am so grateful she's my dog!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
AA member

Beau and I have been to a Christmas barbecue at the local rescue,he won 3 rosettes.A lovely afternoon but freezing.Ws met lots of lovely dogs,So sad to see how many dogs will be in kennels over Christmas. Beau is tired out this evening,fast asleep on the sofa by the fire!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

There isn't a minute that goes by that I don't feel grateful for the love of these dogs. I am going to miss them so much while I'm away.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:35 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hugs

I saw this picture and wated to post it.

Not sure what happened as it was supposed to be a picture of the lion hugging the lady?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
LionHug.jpg (11.1 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by newby1961; 12-19-2011 at 05:41 AM. Reason: explanation
Old 12-19-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Unhappy

How on earth will I stand being away from them for 8 days?? I'm freaking out right now and they've only been at the vet's for an hour!!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-0WV...layer_embedded.

Great video cheered my morning up hope it does the same for you?

Happy Holidays all.

Last edited by newby1961; 12-20-2011 at 06:18 AM. Reason: copy didn't work right.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Told my husband I "needed" my dog this a.m.! Lol we're taking a cat nap and then getting going! My cats are my babies, my doggie is my kid shes a tad more dependent...
Old 12-20-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Cat soothing crying baby to sleep - YouTube

This kitty obviously doesn't have the sharp claws MY cats have, but pretty sweet

(((Newbie))) - LOVED that video!!

(((Least))) - I hope you have a great time with family, and your dogs will be just fine (but glad to see mama when she comes home!)

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-20-2011, 11:04 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Back at ya Amy I love when the cat put its paw on the babies head..
Old 12-21-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Monkey Chores:

Monkey that visits the camp has been watching humans do chores
Old 12-21-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Suki how funny and what a talented monkey. My sister hates housework so I sent her the link hope she finds it as funny as I did? She tends to take things a bit to personal like her big sis. Thanks for sharing the link.

Merry Christmas All
Old 12-21-2011, 10:41 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Least,
They will be there when you get home, and boy will they be glad to see ya! Just you think of how you will feel too when you get back and how proud you will be when the vet and staff tell you how much of a pleasure your furkids were to have around. And they will get to meet some new friends and cousins there too!
Enjoy your holiday Least.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Skylar had surgery a couple of weeks ago to remove a growth on the edge of his ear that is benign but he sure has been "Itchy" with the stitches. They are healed and he goes in next week to have them out. He continues to improve with his Thyroid supplement and after the last blood test they cut his dose in half from twice a day to once. He continues to lose the excess weight slowly but surely and his smile and attitude is back. Maggie sure is happy her playmate is playing again too. I taught her to jump and twirl when she is asked if she wants to go for a walk and she is a little athlete. If she were Skylar's size she would be jumping over my head! Skylar was trained to sit and wait at the door for a walk, but he was never as high energy as Maggie is. Both are obedience trained on and off leash and most of our walks they are off leash on our property and as funny as it sounds they both think it is a special treat when I put on their collars and use a leash. They both strut proudly! Look at me, I am with daddy! They still heel without one but it seems that is a security thing for them. Both are jumpy this time of year as we live in the country and hunters are all around us and the closer shots make them want to run for the house! They run to me and lean against me. What a couple of wusses.

I am glad to read all of the wonderful stories all of you share here, I especially liked your story about Daisy White Knuckles, the one about her holding off the aggressive dogs. We have a problem here too, as there is a leash law, but people think they can just let theirs run loose and I am chasing two neighbor dogs off that I know aren't taken to a vet let alone have their shots. These dogs come and do their thing right at the head of our front walk, even though there is five acres to choose from here, they go there and not at their own property. I guess I will have to call animal control to pick them up and make their owners go get them if they want them. I have already talked to one and that lasted all of two weeks. I have found a booby trap that I will use next spring. It is a solar powered motion detector switch. A water hose is attached and when there is movement it turns on a rotating sprinkler where you adjust it to. No harm and I'll probably get some good funny videos from it. Especially when the deer come up to the house.

I don't want to hurt them. But the health risk to mine is very real. I have a large fenced back yard not to keep them in, but to keep the others out and unable to get to them. Pics of the fenced yard and the pups are in my profile in the picture album.

Merry Christmas all that are blessed by having their furkids and the memories they make to keep us straight.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I didn't board them, I hired a friend to come over six times a day to feed and potty and give them attention. They did very well and she helped out in other ways too, like feeding my stray cats and bringing in the mail and such. She was a great help and I paid her well.

And yes, they sure were glad to see me.

Today I am grateful for my good and loving vets who took the thorn out of ck's cat's paw, literally. His one claw had grown around into his paw and the vet fixed it. I love my vets and their entire staff.