Notices

Animals We Love Grats part 3

Old 12-05-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oskar the Blind Kitten and His First Toys - YouTube

This is Oskar, a blind kitty with his first toys - such a cutie! Didn't realize that there are several more videos on him.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-05-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Jasper must have a lot of patience.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

OMG!! That is just the sweetest thing!! I want to love on Oskar so much! I wish I wasn't at work so I could hug my kitties! Thank you for posting that. I've already shared it with lots of people.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:18 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

(((Suki))) - yeah, I'm going to have to go back and see more of his videos. I think it's totally cool that someone adopts, and thoroughly loves, a blind kitty.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-05-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Oh, when I adopt, I always go for the "rejects" as my mom calls them. Little Riley only has one eye and an extremely prominent underbite. He also has a limp from being hit by a car. I love him very much.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

(((Suki))) - If I were able to adopt, I'd do the same thing.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-05-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I know what you mean about adopting the 'rejects' - the ones no one else wants. Nikko was unwanted due to his diabetes. Patches was unwanted cause she's old. I love to give a good home to the ones no one else wants.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Haha... loved all the responses to Jasper. He definitely was not happy (he's an indoor cat so just being outside was probably enough) but was very kind to keep his claws out of Santa Claws :P and he got some tuna treats when we got home for being such a good boy.

I love hearing about all of you taking in "unwanted" cats - being in the veterinary profession its so heartbreaking to know that perfectly healthy (with proper care) and happy cats are put down because people don't understand them. We learned about cats with cerebellomedullary disease in class the other day... and they are adorable! Wobbly but still completely lovable. And hey, which one of us hasn't been wobbly once in our lives? :P
Old 12-07-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am grateful that no matter what crap is going on in my life, my dogs give me a sense of peace and contentment just from being with them.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful again and always for these dogs. They keep me company as if I were the most important person in the world.

Right now little Patches and Jack are lying together next to my chair. What a beautiful sight.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey all...Least told me about this forum and I thank her for that. It's taken a while for me to post here as I have been dealing with quite a bit of depression over the loss of my dearest canine companion, Daisy.

I just want to say that I am very grateful for the time I was given on this earth to spend with her. I am also very regretful that I did not sober up until she was gone. I wish she could have enjoyed more sober time with me. But she didn't seem to really mind anyway. I am grateful to Daisy for showing me the meaning of unconditional love. It never mattered how smart, funny, thin or beautiful I was or wasn't, she didn't care about that at all. She was just content to be near me no matter what we were doing or what state I was in.

My favorite Daisy story occurred quite a few years ago, probably around 2003. I was walking her around the neighborhood when I noticed we were being stalked by two very large stray dogs. I am a dog lover and always have been, but I know there are times dogs can be dangerous and this was one of those times. They circled closer and closer to us and I was really getting scared to death, all of the houses around us had big yards and I knew I'd never make it to anyone's front door in time. So when an attack seemed inevitable I let Daisy off her leash and said, "Go on girl, run! Get out of here!" because I knew she'd have a much better chance of getting away than me. But Daisy wouldn't run. She planted herself right in between me and those two gigantic dogs and I could tell she was scared, she was trembling, but she wouldn't budge. At what seemed like the last possible minute, an old man pulled up in a little green pickup truck, rolled down his window, and said "Looks like you girls are in some trouble. Hop in." I didn't know this man but I was going to take my chances anyway, so Daisy and I both hopped in the cab. The first thing Daisy did was give him a big ol' kiss right on the side of his face. He smiled and said "You're welcome!". We both made it home safely that day. That is really just one of several favorite Daisy stories, but one I think that best demonstrates her devotion, courage, and gratitude.

It is because of Daisy's unconditional love that I was able to truly understand how God could have unconditional love for us. I am also grateful that she showed me how a living thing could be completely joyous without having to have a reason to be that way. With the exception of her last few days on earth, she was always ecstatic just to be alive.

So thank you, Ms. Daisy, for teaching me two very important lessons, unconditional love and the joy of just living. I am sure I could have learned a lot more from you had I just put the bottle down more often and really paid attention to what it was you were sent to teach me, but I still consider my time with you priceless and precious regardless. I can't imagine a heaven without you so wherever you are right now, I hope I get to go there too someday. I love you sweet girl, and I thank you for everything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DAISY.jpg (55.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 12-11-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

(((WhiteKnuckles))) - (((Daisy))) was a sweetheart, I'm sorry for your loss. I love what our furbabies teach us, and totally believe that we will see them again.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-11-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Daisy is a sweetie. I'm glad you got to spend part of your life with her.:ghug3
Old 12-11-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

You guys are very kind! Sorry it took so long to get here, not only have I been struggling a bit but I am technologically challenged and not sure how I was going to upload a picture. It finally worked, but it sure is huge. I guess it does't matter though. Thank you for your nice words and thank you for loving your animals!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that little Patchie poo loves the tummy rubs I like to give her. She'll get all the tummy rubs she wants with me.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hello all.This seems like a site that im gonna like.I can already feel at home with pet lovers.My 4 year old black lab just nows when im on the bottle.(white nuckels)i can feal u on that.Im sorry for your loss.Im sure there where many good times too remember....
Old 12-12-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

(((clean311one))) - Welcome to SR!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to animal grats. Always nice to meet another animal lover.:ghug3
Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Welcome to animal grats. It is always great to meet new animal lovers. Maybe you can post a picture off your furbabies?
Hope all is well with everyone.
Peace.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Xo2...layer_embedded