Notices

Gratitude For Me

Old 12-05-2003, 10:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Gratitude For Me

Gratitude for me today is being grateful for what I have and not what I want. I had to drop so many wants to get the things I need for recovery today. I had to ask my Higher Power to turn my Fear into Faith. I am grateful that my mother was a recovering alcoholic for 25 years before she died. She showed me that you can recover if you want it bad enough. She told me I had to do it for me or it would never work. I couldn't grasp that the first time around. I did it for all the reasons that we do it other than for me. The one thing she told me before she died was that I ended to many sentences with I KNOW. She said saying I Know closed my mind off. But if I would end a sentence with I Understand whether I understood or not would leave my mind open to hear what might say me from drinking again. I guess that is the openmindness part of this program that I am so grateful for today. Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you for your words Angie. I have not had a good day at all and they helped some. I wish my mom would stop drinking. She has been drinking heavily for 20 years and what makes me angry is she admits she has a problem but she says she is not going to stop...she enjoys it and that she is living her own life. I still continue to pray for her. You are in my prayers also. Keep strong and keep your faith close at all times!!! Rhonda