Notices

I am greatfull for 3 months clean and sober!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
July 8, 2011

I am greatfull for 3 months clean and sober!

I went to sleep last night excited to wake up today I am so greatful for three months clean and sober, I am greatful for another day with my beautiful little boy, if i didnt have him in my life, i would have had no reason to keep going. and today i love myself. I was somebody nobody thought would make it...but what nobody really knew is that i absolutely HATED my addictions, i hated being under the influence, hated who it made me. I know three months is not a lot of time, but for me it is another milestone....anything over 2 months was a mile stone for me. I am greatful to God! I spent many nights on my knees begging God to take it away from me, my addictions and my overwhelming desire to use and slowly he did, not that day, or the next but over a period of time he has. and these last three months without that uncontrolable urge i believe has given me newfound strength and for that i am so greatful, for today i have one more moment to love myself and to really live, and one more moment, one more day of love and good memories for my son who deserves so much to be happy. and i thank you all for the support and wisdom!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

3 months sure is a milestone.7 I know for me when I had hit my 90 days that was a real big deal cause I had spent years not being able to reach that 90.

I seemed to get 30 no problem, and sometimes 60 but, somewhere between 60 & 90 I would lose it and go back out and use.

I used to think I was the one they talked about in how it works "some of us are unconstitutional incapable of being honest with ourselves". (I think that is how the quote goes?)

BTW your little boy is sooo cute you are so lucky. I spent a lot of my time regretting the fact that I never had a family. I am now 50 and no kids and somehow I feel so much less of a woman because of it. Although I know my addiction would have probably gotten my child taken away by CPS because I was a street junkie and well the two just don't mix.

Maybe God spared me all that pain because I am adopted and if I had lost a child that probably would have done me in?

I have a real respect for a lot of the women I have met in the rooms of AA & NA that have lost theirs and are now jumping through the very many hoops CPS makes them go through

Sorry for rambling on & on but its late and my mind tends to go all of the place..

Thanks for posting..Peace to you & your son.

Last edited by newby1961; 10-08-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: missed a letter
Old 10-08-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Super....
Old 10-09-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
July 8, 2011

I agree! i have met many woman in AA and NA who lost their children and they would tell me their stories and i would think, wow! this so easily could have been me! My friend just had her kids taken away and there are a lot of hoops to go through to get them back, i too have a lot of respect for those woman who do it!

And peace to you!

There are so many ways one can change anothers life and thank you for posting on my thread!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thats soooo wonderful. I really can't wait to say that myself. Keep up the great work. Your an inspiration to all of us!!!