Notices

I am Very Grateful For....

Old 08-30-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am Very Grateful For....

The added support of this site and the continuing of love and care of my family. AS some of you might know from reading my blogs I have moved back home for the sake of being sobered. 5 months went by in the wind and I was not myself. Today and everyday so far since I have moved back have been nothing but love and care. Free of wanting to drink everyday and free of worrying myself to death. Today actually is the 2 week mark of being sobered and things just keep getting better. I still have alot of work to do to stay sober and to prove to myself that I am ready to forget alcohol, even though its been a challenge this whole time my sponsor keeps mentioning that I can't beat myself up all the time because I have been working hard at staying sober and when I went to speak to my addictions counsellor he even said that I have more sober time then drinking time. Although that was encouraging I still feel I need to grasp more onto my programme and really stick to it. I believe my higher power has been here this whole time and teaching me these lessons of what can happen if I continue. And I know for a fact that if I kept it up I'd be out of a job. And no place to live and I can't afford that. I'd die young. But anyway I'm suppose to be talking about the positive not the what ifs. Everyday I've woken up in my bed in my family's house and I smile because I know I am safe and I know I won't drink today. I do go by the one day at a time now. I really do. I don't think about yesterday or tomorrow anymore. I live in the moment of today. And for that I am thankful. I feel a new rising coming into my life. I feel it is time to really take control and really work hard on keeping sober. I know I can do it and I know what will happen if I have that first drink and to be honest? I'd prefer to be sober. Nothing ever came good of drinking even though my addictive mind threw those thoughts away it still proved to be a bad idea, even if I didn't have too much my mind would go nuts for more and I had to fight it hard sometimes. But now, as I haven't picked up for 2 weeks now I feel great. No cravings, I really feel its all in the mind and if you can gain the willpower to not drink you really can do it Thanks for reading and thanks everyone for being here to support me so far, its great! This new tool really helps me along side the family support and the AA support God bless.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

for shareing your progress with us...well done....

You may join any of our on going threads if you wish.