Notices

grateful for 90 days.

Old 11-25-2003, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

grateful for 90 days.

had to go to court Monday for a speedin ticket. I had an attorney handle it and his secretary sent me a letter last week tellin me to be there at 9. Court usually starts at 8:30 so I wondered a little about that but showed up at 9 like the letter said. Saw my attorney deliberating a couple cases and on his way out of the court i nodded to him and he replied "I'll talk to you in a few minutes." I waited and he never did come back, so I wound up sitting there til 11:30 before I went up and asked the court clerk what was goin on. She told me that he had allready taken care of things and to get ahold of his office.

I started wondering why I had to sit there for 2 and a half hrs ..

They were trying all the incarcerated dudes and when they called this one guy I recognized the first name.. at first I didn't make the connection but when he stood up I saw the tattoo on the side of his neck and it clicked. He was around the rooms strong about 3 years ago. Good guy with a lot of great experience strength and hope to share. He was a mess, hair all growed out in a fro and he looked like hell. He was in there for a shoplifting charge. Got popped stealing a remington trimmer from a drug store.. This dude was a gangster back in the day, heavy hitter type. and once again the dope has reduced him to a hasbeen petty thief. He didn't even hesitate to plead guilty and grab another 90 day bid. It was like he was still holdin the integrity he learned in the rooms even while the dope had taken him to new lows.

I had tears wellin up in my eyes and I prayed for my friend.

I hope the Boss can remove whatever reservation my brother has that keeps him from gettin it.

Dammit I hate to see us dyin in degradation and shame when livin free is an arm's reach away.

What am I grateful for? That in spite of all that happens to us in active addiction, we can change. That even as I may not see a transformation in my friend, the seeds have been planted. I was like him and I've been able to change. Someone prayed for me.. in that anonymous moment of silence for all the still suffering addicts that happens every time we stand linked in a circle and ask the God of our understanding to take care of all of us, those in and out of the circle.

Look us up when ya get out bro, we'll be here.

where there's breath, there's hope.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

great post gooch!

dotcom
Old 11-25-2003, 10:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Addict

thanks for your thoughts gooch

you remind me of an old timer around my area. he likes to remind me of simple things like how sucking air is a luxury. and every day on this side of the dirt is another day won and brings another chance to learn a new way of life.

thanks again

addict bill
Old 11-26-2003, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally posted by euphoria

you remind me of an old timer around my area. he likes to remind me of simple things like how sucking air is a luxury. and every day on this side of the dirt is another day won and brings another chance to learn a new way of life.

thanks again

addict bill
I'll take that as a compliment. Guess I paid attention long enough to learn how to not use so I could keep payin attention. keep talkin like that and yourgonna start reminding somebody of an oldtimer if ya don't allready.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

Gooch
thank you
Old 06-10-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

gooch,

great seeing you bro

and thanks for the post of hope

zip
Old 06-10-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Until today....no posts were added since 03.... Gooch has not been here since 06.

I doubt Gooch will be replying....but hope all is well with him...

Tip...to see how current the thread and replies are....please look directly above the members user name....

Last edited by CarolD; 06-10-2011 at 07:33 PM.