Notices

I am grateful......

Old 11-24-2003, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am grateful......

that today I worked through all the negativity and fear and panic..and thankful to feel some hope tonight. I am gateful to all who listened, and offered advice. Thanks!!
Old 11-24-2003, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((((Tammie)))))))))))))))))

You are such an inspiration to me

:ilu :clap

phoenix
Old 11-24-2003, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Well, I don't often see how *I* can be an inspiration....but you know what? I AM proud of myself today..*big swallow* *lump in throat* Why is it so hard for us to be proud of ourselves...LOL....Thank you Phoenix..:ilu too!!
Old 11-24-2003, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally posted by 2stop
Well, I don't often see how *I* can be an inspiration....
For Christmas I wish for you to have a mirror that will let you see yourself as we see you here.You are amazing and wonderful

phoenix
Old 11-24-2003, 05:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

:o
Old 11-27-2003, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am grateful for a good food, good friends, good movie....and I hope a good nights sleep!! I's so tired........but very thankful for a pretty darn nice Thanksgiving day. It's awesome to be able to actually FEEL gratitude much more than I used too....truly a blessing. I am also soooooo grateful for recovery.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am grateful for the happy time I have had with my family this weekend. I am so thankful for my family...most of em are crazy as the day is long, but my husband and kids..and my dad and his new wife love me and we had a great weekend together. Today my dad surprised me with a new computer! And his wife gave me a real nice Ethan Allen rocking chair....they just couldn't wait til Christmas. I can't blame them. I think giving gifts oughta be a daily routine. I love to surprise people with wrapped presents all year round. I am just grateful to be so happy today...it seems surreal actuallly, but quite enjoyable all the same..so I am going to relish it and embrace it and work to make it last. THAT SEEMS STRANGE TO HEAR ME SAY SOMETIMES AFTER TRYING TO KILL MYSELF FOR SO MANY YEARS. GOD HAS BLESSED ME.....AND EVERYONE HERE AT SR HAS had a hand in that. Love you...everyone of ya!!!!!

***Grateful Hugs From A Thankful Heart***:redrose :yellowros
Old 12-08-2003, 08:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am thankful for my precious children. Now that I am in recovery I find so much more time to play and interact with them.....they are so happy about it...to see their smiles when I go outsdie and play with them is pricelsss. My children are a real blessing. I am battling the flu right niow and last night each of my kids took turns rubbing my back, getting me a glass of water, my Vicks vapor rub, an dmaking sure I had pillows and blanktes. They are angels those two!!!!!

Angel Anthony...... I love you dear son, grateful for you!

Angel Brooklyn...... I love you too sweet girl of mine!!
Old 12-09-2003, 05:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am thankful for the Women in Recovery forum, I have had a good morning laugh from one of the threads over there...and the freindships I have found there are so precious to me. It's awesome to be able to talk with other women without having to pretend nothing is wrong..we can just be ourselves, and be loved anyways.....hoo-yah!!! Love it!!
Old 12-13-2003, 07:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

~Heart Full OF Gratitude Tonight~

I am grateful that I was able to make it to TWO parties tonight! One for my kids at the church..a Christmas party for them...and my husbands compnay party, where I received hugs and talked to people I had never met...and was told how happy they were I was apart of their "family" now. My husband works for people that I went to school with. The son of his boss was my classmate at the church school my two kids go to now. The food was great! There was mostly vegetarian menu with some meat, so I really ate up! I even prepared a lirrle hostess "gift" and put it in a cat shaped tin box. It felt so good to be a part of something and show gratitude for the people in my life. I had the kids help me make a gift bag for the gal who hosted the kids party. The porr gal doesn't have alot of friends and has health problems...seeing the smile on her face when Brooklyn handed the present to her was priceless! I just love to see people happy.

~Thank you HP for all the wonderful gifts of life in recovery~

Old 12-15-2003, 06:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am thankful today for heat, running water, food in the cupboard, morning kisses and hugs from my kids, my cat that is a loving companion when home alone during the day, and I am just thankful and full of gratitude for being ALIVE today..WOO_HOOO It feels so good to finally say that..and NOT be faking it..Thank you Hp..and SR friends. Life is awesome when we work at being grateful instead of bitter and resentful.

I am also thankful for my pain today, I am learning many lessons from it, one is even more empathy for others who suffer..and the other is it's nevr too late to revise your life, to take charge, to use those choices we all have...CHOICES...I am extremely grateful for choices!!

Old 12-16-2003, 05:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

~I AM THANKFUL...~

I am thankful I am able to be more involved in my children's school this year...

I am thankful for two kids who are so suppoetive and proud of their mama, always encouraging me, will go to meetings with me and behave like angels. I love them SOO MUCH!!!!

(Anthony and Brooklyn)
Old 12-17-2003, 01:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am thankful I made it to my kids school in spite of snow and ice and made a great hot lunch for the kids, I felt their gratitude and it made me so thankful for being in recovery, and being more involved than ever in my children's lives. Thank you HP! I am blessed today!!!!:star
Old 12-18-2003, 08:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am thankful to be alive today......................

Damn.....it feels good to say that today!!!!
Old 12-20-2003, 05:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Just thankful, that's all...but isn't it also EVERYTHING? LOL.....Just full of gratitude inb my heart today. My hubby got a surprise Christmas bonus, God is good, he is watching out for us....all.

Just a-:swing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL>...love that lil swing!
Old 12-22-2003, 10:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thank you HP that I only have to walk in today, I do NOT have to trudge thru yesterdays pain, and I do NOT have to fret about tomorrow's surprises...you gave me TODAY Lord, thank you.....thank you HP for walking with me just in the TODAY......and thank you for the new home we now have, the presents under the tree, lights, running water, food, and most of all thank you HP for my family, my husband and children, so precious they are...and my family here @ SR..........Grateful to be blessed God, just alittle sad is all. Let me remember those still struggling, and those in the cold, and the sick and dying....thank you for walking with them too God...bless them as you have blessed me...and hold them tight, so very tight...so that they feel loved...and know that yes...there IS light, there IS HOPE...no matter the circumstance we can choose the attitude which we will face it with.....Thanks again HP...love you N all you've done for me these past 6 months, especially. You've been there all along, I know...but these past 6 months have been very special..I am growing and learning...and loving to LIVE again...
Old 12-24-2003, 04:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

i am thankful for so much! I am just going to say Thank you HP....you rock you know!!!!
Old 12-27-2003, 06:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Just gotta say again...I am so happy to be alive and looking forward to a sober birthday tomorrow!!!!!!!!

I am just a-:swing -ing with gratitude and thankfulness......Thank you HP and SR family.................So much thanks in my heart for you......everyone of you...........
Old 12-28-2003, 11:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am grateful to have made it to my 32nd birthday without losing limbs or too much of my sanity, I think I am salvageable now...feels so good to have hope again!!! Thank you HP, and SR family.......***hugs from a thankful heart***
Old 12-29-2003, 10:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am grateful to have bills to pay, without them.....life would be REALLy tough, and so many are homeless and without enough food and aid, Thank you God for my blessings......and be with those less fortunate, please.....Send them what they they need, and a few hugs too, love is what will cure the ills if this world....after some of the things I read in the papers last night...I will never complain about pyaing bills again......