Notices

things im greatful for

Old 11-22-2003, 06:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

things im greatful for

i am so greatful for family and friends. and especially for giving myself a chance to really get to know them and become the daughter/friend i think ive always wanted to be. im greatful for my sponsor who has opened her home to me whenever i need a helping hand. im greatful for my 12step group for showing me so many things that i never would have learned. im especially greatful for GOD for lifting me out of my despair and showing me a better life through him. im greatful for the newcomer because thats where i started off and they show me thats not what i want to go back to. im greatful for my mom and dad for adopting me and giving me such a good homelife. im greatful for my friends who show me unconditional love and support. im greatful for my boss who is like an aunt. im greatful to enjoy baking cookies with my boss and having her love and support. im greatful for my coworkers who sometimes dont realize they cause me grief. im greatful for my dad whose doing the best he knows how to to have a relationship with me. and im greatful to be alive and to still have my sanity. im greatful not to be on the streets this year. im greatful that i quit using crystal and smoking cigs. im greatful that im continuing my education and that im not sitting around watching tv. im greatful to have something that i can call my own! im greatful to my friends in recovery for listening to my ramblings! and once again, im greatful to GOD for giving me a new life!
Old 11-23-2003, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

im greatful for a good nights sleep! and for a bed to sleep in. im greatful for the holidays. im greatful for today!
Old 12-21-2003, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

im grateful for all the cookies i ate today. even though my mom is yelling at me about it and i know sugar is bad for me. im grateful for my home that i can be in when im sick and this computer that i can type on for hours on end. im grateful for being able to post multiple posts so that i dont lose my mind from the boredom of watching mindless tv. im grateful for my birthmom and sis, and for the good times we have had. im grateful for my dad, and how kind he was to make me a cup of tea. im grateful for vitamins so that i have an excuse to eat 9 christmas cookies...lol. im grateful for my boss whose driving me insane...im not a jaitor...im a clerical assistant. im grateful that im not in jail. im grateful that im done with probation. im grateful that i got 11 months. and im grateful for the chat room on this site. oh yeah, and im grateful for today.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

im grateful for being a new person and not having to worry as much that im not "being" just for the sake of others. im grateful that jesus died on the cross for my sins. im grateful to have made it to recovery. im grateful not to be standing in the rain with four jackets on wondering how i could possibly still be cold. im grateful im not homeless, and that im not with my homeless ex anymore. im thankful that i have come to the realization that i dont need to immerse myself on this website or be at meetings 24/7. its just another way for me to hide from myself. im grateful that jesus found me and took me out of my despair. im grateful that i only have one strike. im grateful that i graduated and was able to walk down the aisle. im so glad to be in recovery, but i need to pay more attention to taking care of myself. im grateful that i dont live the life i used to and that i can express my joy!
Old 12-24-2003, 08:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

im grateful for my sponsor and the kindness she shows toward me. she let me come over this evening and cooked a wonderful meal! she says im like part of the family. i feel that way too. her mom and dad, husband and daughter all feel the same. we try to get together at least once a month and see eachother at meetings every week. i am so grateful for her, she is one of the main reasons ive been able to stay clean and not get into anymore trouble. instead of hanging on the streets, i have the option of going to her house and just relaxing. being there gets the stress off my mind and helps me put things into perspective. im most grateful for my relationship with God, without him, id never have found such a great sponsor. i had a wonderful talk with her daughter this evening. her daughter is 13. she was showing me all of her cool stuff from school, and telling me about her winter dance, etc. i was able to share in that special moment, all because of the grace of God. i had given her a present of lotion, body spray, and body wash, and she says it went over well on the boys! lol. im so grateful for this evening...even though i wish i could eat myself into an early grave or bury myself in the backyard and never come back to this day. for my life i am grateful. no more cutting, prostitution, using, stealing, slanging...no more. you name it, ive done it. but now i have a clean slate all thanks to God. Amen for that!!!
Old 12-26-2003, 04:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i am grateful for today. i was able to stop freaking out and realize that things arent so big and bad as they seem. i am so grateful for zoloft, it has opened up so many doors for me. my whole life ive been ocd, suffered from anxiety...it crippled me. now that im dealing with my addictions and helping myself with recovery, its nice to be able to experience things that i would have been too afraid of prior to taking zoloft. my fears and obsessions are slowly subsiding, mostly due to working the 12 steps, but i do feel the zoloft has really helped. its almost like someone just said real casually, "oh, its ok dotcom. you dont have to live that way anymore". and then my jaw drops and im speechless for awhile. im also thankful for being a bornagain believer and for finding Jesus. JUST FOR TODAY!
Old 12-28-2003, 09:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

today i am grateful for having a friend. i went to mexico this weekend for a long needed vacation. i felt so at home there. would i move to tj? maybe some day. but for now it was just a blessing to get to spend some time with her and her fam. i came back feeling rejuvenated and strong. i enjoy her company so much! i never thought i could enjoy someone as much as i do with her. to have a best friend is something im definately grateful for. she teaches me a lot of things even though she doesnt outright give me advice. her actions are enough. im also thankful for serenity. ive never experienced such pure bliss as i do now that im working the steps. yes, its not always easy, but its never going to be a piece of cake. i dont think thats even an issue for me anymore. serenity has allowed me to step away from things and learn from them instead of bashing myself or another. of course i dont always catch myself in time! but i was able to handle someone disrespecting me by calling me a female dog and not take it personally. instead of telling them where to stick it, i just said nothing. politely asked them to watch their choice of words and left it at that. am i going to choose to be nice to this person? yes, but now that i know the way he regards me, ill just say hi and leave it at that. just because someones having a bad day doesnt mean its ok to call me a female dog! well, thats what im thankful for today.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

today im so grateful for patience. im learning that its ok if something doesnt happen in my time. and that Gods timing is perfect. if something doesnt work out, that doesnt make me any less of a person. as long as i stay humble, stay in close contact with God, and work on my side of the street i know he'll give me only what i can handle. today im thankful for my relationship with Jesus as i am every single day.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

im grateful for being able to have the chance to learn things. it seems like if i keep myself humble and in close contact with God, i learn more new things! like communication....the dreaded heart-to-heart conversation with my sponsor, fam, and friends. it has to be done. i cant just go around and not talk to anyone about myself and think that if i just let it all out here or on paper itll be fine. ive got to get out there and be thankful i can get out there and start building on my friendships and sharing my fears and weaknesses and challenges and accomplishments. even if i just start by blurting out a few things, its a start! and this is something im so greatful to be able to start working on.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

today im grateful for my friend. we had a wonderful weekend even though i freaked out a couple of times. we went to in n out and got burgers, i took her to lunch at ihop, we went pier fishing at night and caught a fishy (it was sooo cold), we got to see the beautiful skyline from a bench on the pier, and her bf was very nice to us. we ate spaghetti together, watched a bunch of tv together, and oh yeah! we went shopping too! maybe we went a little overboard, but we got a bunch of cute stuff! well, im just thankful to God for giving me this awesome weekend and such an awesome friend.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Jessica,
I am so grateful you came into my life. I am grateful you are grateful. I have to look at what I have and not what I want. I drop my wants daily for my needs..

You friend in recovery
Old 01-08-2004, 04:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

im grateful for this week that i was able to get so much work done. i thought for a minute that after the holidays id be too lazy to get anything done...boy was i wrong. ive been working like a dog this whole week, and it feels good. its nice to know that im helping the businesses along. im also grateful that im clean and serene today. im soooo grateful for that. i could give it all up in one second for a sack, but im not willing to do that.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

im grateful for this weekend. i have been relaxing a lot even though i didnt get to go to mexico. im also very grateful for my church. i get the opportunity to help feed the homless tomorrow morning. i look forward to that. ill get to make scrambled eggs and help out in the kitchen with my mom. im also greatful for my friends and sponsor who are in my recovery group. a few days ago, my friends daughter skipped parole. we think shes either in lv, or downtown stripping. im so glad that i dont have go put my mom through anymore of that pain and heartbreak. the look in my friends eyes is so sad. she says shes doing ok, but shes in denial. im just grateful thats not me! phew.. and im very grateful for Jesus saving grace!
Old 01-13-2004, 09:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i am grateful for today. i got a raise at one of my jobs! woohoo for me! that just made work even more fun! i like filing and computer stuff... well, another thing im grateful for is lists. i cannot remember much of anything unless i write it down. so now ive bit the bullet and made some lists. i feel like a second grader at times....brush teeth, comb hair, wash face....but i need that right now. i will just keep floundering if i dont get some structure. ive been getting to work with so much less stress and hassle, and i have a daily to do list...of which i am very very grateful for. i can get up and say, ok, im going to go cross something off my list...it feels so good. plus i remember things. i am very grateful for remembering things. *sigh of relief* i am also grateful today for my sponsor. she is going to take me to a hockey game on my one year which is on the 17th. and during the day im going to spend time with my mom and dad. what a special day, im very grateful that im almost there! no more sleeping in parks...no more NOT sleeping, shoot. im grateful for that as well. im also grateful that the zoloft ive been taking has been helping tremendously with my ocd. every day there is something new and wonderful to discover! woohoo! im grateful i have given myself the chance.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Paused

.com
I am so grateful you have found what it is like to be grateful.
I had to make list in my first year also. Cool beans .. I still make them, not so much as my brain being foggy now as it is I am turning 50 next month LOL. My Hp will bless you time with your mom and dad.. Enjoy it..
I'm here if you need me..
Bring me a hockey player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cybermom
Old 01-15-2004, 08:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thank you for all your support cybermom, you are such a blessing.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

today im grateful for life, this site, the people on it, and my sobriety. last night i had a scare. i went out looking and almost used. it took a lot of white knuckling and i still feel like id rather be in the twack shack, but i know that i belong in recovery. like someone said, ive had a taste and im not going back. im grateful for the na blue book and the bible, i plan on staying close to them today. this was the closest ive been to using in the past almost year. sooo close... i was ready to use. was just looking for the right place. then i remembered the site here, i thought i could do this on my own. without you all or my sponsor....big mistake... so i got on, posted, now im hanging on for life. and i feel weak and vulnerable...but gosh darn it im not going to use!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Paused

help
Old 01-15-2004, 02:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hey wilder2003,

my name is dotcom and im an addict. are you ok? is everything alright? have you checked out any of the forums? the chat room? there are a lot of great forums here, and the chat room rocks. keep coming back and posting. i find this site very encouraging and supportive. keep coming back wilder2003. and let me know if i can help in any way...offer encouragement...support.

dotcom
Old 01-17-2004, 03:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

im so grateful for my one year of sobriety! rock on!