Notices

Day 6 of Zilch to Smoke

Old 05-30-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 of Zilch to Smoke

Grateful that I was able to make it this far. Going to keep going, because I am not dealing with this smoking crap anymore. Instead of preaching against it for younger people, I can just BE it for myself.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:ghug3Torotno!!!! I have missed you! saw you logged on this AM. glad to hear that you are quitting....i know it is hard...(at one time i did 2.5 packs a day, blea!)

you will be feeling better/breathing better /more clear skin....(do you know that there are hundreds of BAD chemicals in cigarettes)?

Day 6 is great! glad to see you back,come and whine with us....anytime!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, yes, I am finding I am liking it a little more every day. It's only a week now, but I will be able to use my pennies-add-up-to-dollars saying on myself, just like I used to do when takling about quitting alcohol, whether my own or anyone else's quitting.

What still bothers me - more than an actual feeling like I want to smoke - is the thoughts that come into my head. I don't know if that is truly an impulse to smoke or not, but I think of it more as a reflex action than an actual desire. Maybe they are one and the same when you break down the science (receptors in the brain and all that jazz), but I am not clear on that.

But I like how it seems to be fewer every day. I expect to be a little too *****-looking for my liking as the summer rolls on, but I'll just have to deal with it. I could have gotten a head start by not filling up too much over the winter, but too late for that now.

Guess I'll stop here now that it is turning into topics outside of gratitude itself. I could have tried this sooner, but I suppose I just wasn't ready. Now I am equipped to handle it, apparently. I don't know if it's forever, but I'll take it for now!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ha ha. The following word is construed as filthy language by the programming in the site:

p
o
r
k
y

(It censored me when I added it to the word -looking!)

It's not a bad word.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it's not Kosher?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you will be GRATEFUL that you are feeling better!!! and you are doing this cold-turkey? no patch? no gum?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, this is just cold-turkey