Notices

were to start

Old 05-26-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

were to start

I knew were to begin when I hit rock bottom with my drinking. It's a question of were to begin with the people in my life that I blamed for my drinking or the daily situation I faced that day.
I am a mean drunk and mouthy at best. The sad part is I don't remember what I said, but the ones I love the most and that love me do. I didn't drink daily I would let it all build up for a few weeks and then do one hell of a number. Daily or weekly I am still an alcoholic.
I met the man of my dreams 2 years ago after we parted 25 years ago as child hood friends. I was divorced with 3 children ages 15, 11, and 1. He was leaving his wife after 23 years of a lets get married cause we are pregnant teens situation with two daughters 18 and 21.
The divorce was ugly and exspensive. His wife was well lets just say a road of hell. One daughter was excepting the other was not. I took his younger daughter under my wing as a nurturing friend and helped her through many things. (to many to list) Like I said I have 3 kids of my own and yes I am not a good alcoholic but I am one of the best moms and caretakers around.
As time went on dealing with his situations I grew angry, It seamed like monthly someone from his side needed help or a place to live. Again I have a big heart and am a good caretaker but I reached a point were I went to the store after 5 months into sobriety and lost it.
Since then (7 months) I have been like I said going on my 2 week 3 week ok I need a drink. My new love grew distant and now both daughters dont like me. I went off on one of them the other has never even seen me drink. I understand they worry about there dad and want him happy. BUT in every conversation about me its hey dad are you sure you want to be with an alcoholic> He tells them he loves me and is were he wants to be and still they turn there noses up at both of us.
i guess my biggest struggle as of today I appologized to his one daughter for what i said that day I was drinking, It was the only time i ever said anything bad to her. She accepted kinda but I am leary of her acceptence. I am not ready for sunday dinners nor a close friendship again with her. She has said and done many mean things to me with in 2 years and I don't want her around yet. i feel i havnt covered it all and I know I have so much more to say, but i just needed to start somewere.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

Hi and welcome

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot and SR is certainly a great place for support in order to become/stay sober. You may want to post this in the Newcomer's forum as you will get a lot more responses there.

Take care and best of luck on your journey.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome to the family nic

grats is a great place to introduce yourself i must say,

your off to a great start!

all good wishes
Old 05-26-2011, 06:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Nic... so glad you found us. I hope you enjoy hanging out here as much as I do. Keep coming back to read and post - it does work.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eternally Grateful 4/25/08

Thank you for sharing that with us. I am so sorry you are going through this pain and I want to reassure you that there is hope for you to stop this bad cycle. Please put yourself first and get help from a doctor or AA to help you stop drinking. There is a life full of peace and forgiveness and that's the life you deserve! Take care and keep posting!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR...

hope this will be your time for both lasting sobriety and serenity.
All my best...