Thanks RZ - that's a keeper

Grateful to be able to learn every day
Grateful for chances and second chances that pop up unexpectedly
Grateful to have my eyes open for them too
Grateful for this good cup of coffee and a peaceful rainy morning

Have a wonderful Saturday, GP
Old 05-14-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Grateful for Being here even if it's unfamiliar, grateful for the possibilities.
Grateful for in room coffee, a nice dog walk, a quick run, a shower and meeting some Internet dog friends today.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

grateful for a sober Saturday morning....it is so worth it! I again got 6.75 hours of solid sober sleep...no nightmares, just a wierd drem that hasn't come back to me yet...something will trigger the memory during the day or so.

grateful that my brain seems to be working properly...perhaps i am actually repairing it by sleeping well?
grateful for energy and coffee! (i am on cup #3 of this great Kona blend, smooth and strong)...i have walked the dog, paid bills, prepped 3 pots to plant my flowers before it starts raining....i even swept the front walk...amazing what i can do when i have slept well and do not drink the night before.

grateful to be winding down with the obligations for people who cared for my mother. I am hoping to finish the gift basket i am making for the nursing home staff....i wanted to do 2 separate gifts one for the weekend staff and one for the weekday staff....i bought 2 cards and only want to make one delivery.

grateful that i have a big list of things to do today and tomorrow...i think my new motto is "busy is good and busy is sober"

along with "grateful to close the doors behind me and open the ones in front of me"....maybe i will tag that for my signature?
Old 05-14-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
grateful that i have a big list of things to do today and tomorrow...i think my new motto is "busy is good and busy is sober"
Love your new motto Fandy... I am SO with you on it... and doesn't it feel great at the end of the day to look back at what has been accomplished.

Happy to hear everything is going well for you. :-)
Old 05-14-2011, 05:29 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Grateful to be looking forward to this Saturday... have the "to do" list ready to go and a wonderful mindset to get stuff done.

Grateful that my family will be helping me tackle some of the projects

Grateful I don't have to go shopping today

Grateful to continue to simplify my life -- physical clutter, and mental clutter.

Grateful for all of you, my family and IRL friends.

Have a super sober Saturday!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Grateful for Saturday. For a checking account that has money in it after paying my bills. For a good night's sleep. And for the opportunity to do a lot of home chores today. Well not sure that I am grateful for my at home to do list but I do think I should reframe my attitude about weekend chores.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
mor'n GP

grateful Sometimes Gods rejection is Gods protection.
Interesting one today Rusty...

Grateful this morning to have the whole weekend ahead of me. Not just the hours from 9-5. Grateful we have all "created time" by not drinking. That's pretty smart, yay us
Old 05-14-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm very grateful that my gift basket (actually it is a big ice tub) of treats, cookies, candy and other snacks turned out beautifully...i am bringing it to the nursing home staff...i wanted everything individually wrapped so decided against a pastry tray, so everyone can have something and nothing will get stale or finger-touched.

it is nicer than anything i could have bought...and if i can measure gratitude by weight...it is is a winner at over 25 lbs....it has something for everyone and should last them a lot longer than a pastry tray...i even included some boxes of flavored herbal teas...i but in fancy cookies, candies, chocolates, peanut butter filled pretzels, popcorn envelopes for the microwave, lemon drops, butterscotch drops, cinnamon drops....at least 4 different types of chocolates, mints....in a pretty yellow tub with striped tissue paper...i think it came out great is seems like a nice thank you to the staff that took care of my mom for 2 years.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
Grateful we have all "created time" by not drinking. That's pretty smart, yay us
Woo! I like this one. Grateful for a delicious breakfast, grateful for flexible plans to meet up with a friend today, grateful for time and energy to do my own creative work for many weeks before I start my new position.

Grateful for the new job . . . it is going to be a major life change, but it is definitely something I should try. Grateful to know I can change again later if that is best -- life is long (when we aren't wasting away the days) and full of adjustment periods. (Glad I can accept this now!)

Have a great weekend, GP.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

MOTIVATION BACK!!! Right! That's what's surfacing!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

Grateful for plans to go shopping with DD later

Grateful for the coffee hubby is making me as I type this

Grateful for gratitude being first on my to do list this morning

A great grateful day to all
Old 05-14-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Grateful for the opportunity to have a day full of healthy choices.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:58 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

mor'n GP

grateful the vans all loaded

and not me!

off to the flea
Old 05-15-2011, 04:03 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Morning GP

I am grateful for the great sleep I got last night - usually I'm up at least once but last night I was OUT! The sober kind of out....just tired.

Grateful that I got a lot accomplished yesterday and that both of my cooking experiments turned out - that's not always the case. And grateful that I have a funny dog who makes me laugh first thing in the morning.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday
Old 05-15-2011, 04:13 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Grateful to be UP and ready to get things done today.

Basking in an incredible compliment from a person who knows me and knows where I've been. Being sober=calmer=positive life outcomes.

Grateful for a chance to be grateful today! Have a super Sunday (and almost Monday for those ahead of us on the globe!)
Old 05-15-2011, 05:12 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Wow! "Created Time" by being sober!!! how did i miss that one...it is SO TRUE. I get more done on a sober weekend than i would have done in a month while drinking.

grateful for a "solid sober Sunday"....i am missing some extra sleep, but now i know better not to drink diet Dr. Pepper in the late evening....and today i will cut back on the caffiene in my morning coffees too.

grateful that i planted all my new flowers yesterday...because it is raining all day...perfect for the new plants....one more hanging basket to make up and a tomato cage is needed, along with a hummingbird feeder....i hope they will come this year.

grateful to close the old doors behind me and open the ones in front of me.

grateful for a day where i don't HAVE to do anything running around...I have given myself permission to just BE...(and some laundry)..plan to read my new nookbook, change the linens and tidy up my mess from the last week....cook some chicken and admire the beautiful fur coats on the cats and dog.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Grateful to have got a wonderful sleep last night.

Grateful to be looking forward to today, some house work, library, trying out a new recipe (haven't decided what yet), sitting on the deck reading and then watching the finale of Survivor.

Grateful that I am content and able to live in the moment

Have a super sober Sunday everyone!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Grateful to know if Plan A falls apart...I can connect here with y'all
and enjoy another day of blessed recovery.

and good morning....
Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Fands
grateful to close the old doors behind me and open the ones in front of me
That's what I'm talking about!!!!!! Love it!!!

Grateful for warmer temps, not so much the rain but plants and trees need it so I welcome that too.
Grateful for progress.
Grateful for clarity of the sober mind.
Grateful for everyon here on SR. Been a while since I've stated my grats for all of you so today I share with you all once again how grateful I am you are all a part of my journey.

Love out to all xoxoxo
Old 05-15-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Grateful for a new day of possibilities.

Grateful for any quiet reprieve I get in this noisy life.

Grateful to know I can chunk up the major tasks in front of me into smaller pieces, and tackle them accordingly; one step at a time.

Grateful for all guides in heaven and on earth who come into my life.

Grateful for serendipity.

Have a good day all.......