SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude--Part 23 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/226608-bedtime-gratitude-part-23-a.html)

pennywistle 06-10-2011 09:57 PM

Grateful for the really good meeting I went to today and for the support of friends.
Grateful for the desire to quit.
Grateful to read the great posts since I last visited.
Grateful for SR!
Goodnight everyone!

CarolD 06-10-2011 10:38 PM

Hi Everyone....:wavey:

As some of you know...part of my SR service work is to add daily readings in our Alcoholism 12 Step Support Forum.
Yes...this is from AA literature but I want to share it here too because I think it can be useful to all of us...

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~
^*^*^*^*^

(\ ~~ /)
( \ (AA)/ )
(_ /AA\ _)
/AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Gratitude
^*^*^
"Another exercise that I practice
is to try for a full inventory of my blessings
and then for a right acceptance of the many gifts that are mine -
both temporal and spiritual.
Here I try to achieve a state of joyful gratitude.
When such a brand of gratitude is repeatedly affirmed
and pondered,
it can finally displace the natural tendency
to congratulate myself on whatever progress
I may have been enabled to make in some areas of living.
I try hard to hold fast to the truth
that a full and thankful heart cannot entertain great conceits.
When brimming with gratitude,
one's heartbeat must surely result in outgoing love,
the finest emotion that we can ever know."
Bill W., March 1962
1988AAGrapevine, The Language of the Heart, p. 271
^*^*^*^*^*

Thought to Consider . . .

I have learned what a heart full of gratitude feels like.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
T H I N K = The Happiness I Never Knew

Grateful for each of you....:ring

LaFemme 06-10-2011 11:50 PM

Grateful for my first Broadway show in about a decade...lol...my last post I said I was grateful I wouldn't have to go into the city today:)

Grateful that I accidentally spent the 30 minutes I had to kill at Sephora and an absolutely fabulous gay man did my make up...I looked fierce:)

Grateful for hanging out at Sardis after the show. We met a bunch of absolutely lovely gay men (figures) and hada fabulous time.

Got off the train coming home and it was pouring and the overpass to the side of the tracks where my car was was closed for construction...started walking home and a nice man from Post 53 (volunteer ambulance) gave me a lift home.

What a fabulously gay night...lol...So t do much to help my single status if I have many more of these.

Bon soir mes amies!

Rusty Zipper 06-11-2011 12:39 AM

LF http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs5/i/200...dgieishere.gif

Sneezy 06-11-2011 03:50 AM

[QUOTE=Mida;2995804Those two seem to have an amazing beyond and watching them frolic together is beyond sweet...awwwwwwwww...[/QUOTE]

I agree - least pointed out If two different species can get along so well, why can't we get along with each other??

Thanks Carol for the beautiful reading on gratitude

Hope everyone has (or had) a wonderful day :)

Astro 06-11-2011 09:10 AM

Grateful that I can still keep up with my son on a hiking trip......well sorta....he slowed down a bit for the old man :wink:

Grateful for 5 days at the Grand Canyon, and for the friendly and informative rangers.

qpapq 06-11-2011 09:34 AM

Hello all, I am new in the grateful thread, am getting quite deft a whining, and contributing to that thread, buy I figured I should try and equal out the balance...

I am grateful for finding so many wonderful strangers, who are prepared to help prop me up. The Whiners thread is full of them... Angels each and every one.

and I am grateful that today I am so so outragously tired, tiredness earned completing my first week back at work, am a fully contributing member of society once again....

Be Well All,
Belle.
XX

IO Storm 06-11-2011 10:03 AM

Welcome, canterbell! :wavey:

Grateful for things to do today...into action!

TY Carol for your post))))))) Grateful for tha reminder...

CarolD 06-11-2011 11:15 AM

canterbell.....:wave:

Many of us do share in various threads and Forums ..thanks for joining us here...:yup:

Mida 06-11-2011 12:30 PM

:welcome Canterbell

Carol, thanks for sharing that reading :)

Grateful for catching a late matinee with the hubby...we watched Bridesmaids and I laughed so hard, I cried!

Rusty Zipper 06-11-2011 05:29 PM

welcome home reub

and way to go cant!

balance!

grateful i dont have to be an all or nothing person anymore.

grateful today,

i was able to do many things i couldn't have done,

had i been drinking or druging

IO Storm 06-11-2011 06:54 PM

And at the end of the day, so grateful how my HP is leading me along in life. Hands stretched out, and up!

wellwisher 06-11-2011 06:56 PM

Reubena! Welcome back and I hope you find a nook and cranny for all those boxed items....good luck in your new home.

Astro - hope your trip was fantastic!

Welcome, Canterbell.....

Carol - once again thank you for the gratitude post and the work you do for all of us here...

LF - a Broadway show! Last one I saw was Evita - that was a long time ago.

RZ - hope the wind points that weather vane right atcha ..

Hello to all other GPer's and thank you for your wise words...

Grateful for the rain today even though I had active outdoor plans lined up. It quiets things down and I feel rested today.

Grateful for the roof over my head and the simple contents within.

Grateful to share the day with SO and my labbie -even though they seemed to be underfoot and standing in every area I tried to clean today.

Sleep tight, alll.....

CarolD 06-11-2011 07:30 PM

LF....:)
thanks for the memories your super evening brought back.

My first Broadway show was The BestMan...followed by my first Eggs Benedict atSardis.I so loved those NYC theatre weekens....:yup:

Grateful to have so many special times to recall

frances2011 06-11-2011 07:44 PM

Hi belle!
Gratting quick to say grateful for a lovely day with husband for his birthday. We laughed and listened like old times, perhaps this is another gift of recovery?

Grateful I welcomed my houseguest tonight instead of compulsively worrying and things being perfect, what a load off my shoulders. Thank you hp

Grateful for you all

eddie z. 06-11-2011 08:17 PM

Welcome, Belle!! Love the P!nk avatar!!

Grateful for being able to ride a BIG Thoroughbred comfortably and (fairly) confidently. Of course, he's kind of a pushover in some ways, so I can't take all the credit. ; )

Also grateful for enough sunshine and physical activity to make me feel better than I did when I woke up. I had a much better day than I thought I would when I first got out of bed.

I feel like they have been putting me through a lot of BS here and I have been very frustrated and eager to leave. Having to stay over the weekend was very difficult to swallow. I'm just glad I know how much effect a change in attitude can have and that I decided that since I HAD to be here this weekend, I was going to try to ENJOY it. I think I've done pretty well considering how crappy I feel and for that I am grateful.

Thanks for letting me share ; ) and have a lovely night, all!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie :brain

LaFemme 06-11-2011 09:08 PM

Grateful I went to sleep 4 hours ago because I felt I was coming down with something...grateful I just woke up which was a good thing because I was having a dream about the zombie apocalypse!

Grateful today that I ran my errands and got to the Scandinavian market and the Indian grocers....I got some funny looks at the Indian grocers;)

LaFemme 06-11-2011 09:16 PM

Welcome Canterbelle! I first joined the whiners and then realized, for me, that I needed to emphasize the good instead of the bad...balance is well and good but for me being unbalanced towards the positives in life makes me happier:)

Growing up we went to shows a lot...I've recently had the Epiphany that there are things in lifetime have lost to my excessive work habits as an adult further compounded by my drinking. So going to a show is about reclaiming some of that.

I am grateful that sobriety is allowing me to reclaim my authentic strangeness...lol:)

Grateful Eddie got to ride...there is nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse.

CarolD 06-11-2011 09:21 PM

Grateful we filled up another interesting and supportive part of bedtime..:)

Thanks everyone for sharing....here is the new one.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2997676