Notices

It is necessary; therefore, it is possible.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ozone Ranger

It is necessary; therefore, it is possible.

What the caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world calls a butterfly.
~Lao Tzu

According to the math, I've made another trip around the sun, another trip clean and sober. Found an on-line calculator that says 11,324 days have passed since I was pulled aboard the life raft "Last Chance". 31 years ago. Today. I don't think I made a mistake hanging around. Some other options presented themselves along the way that I declined. This path might not be for everyone, but it beats the one I was on. Looking back, I wasn't on a path. I was in a rut. And the only big differences between that rut and a grave was the length and depth....

I was pulled out and cleaned up and given another shot at it. Some days it seems like centuries ago I left the starting gate, to pursue a new life. Not a re-start, but rather a re-direct. A chance to change the ending. And the trip to that ending. Some days it seems like I just started the journey.

A lot of truths have been revealed along the way. One I try not to lose track of is that none of this current journey happened alone. I thank those who have been there along the way. I can only hope I can manage to give back a fraction of what has been given to me. None of us are taking anything with us when we leave. I really need to focus on what I'm leaving behind. Will future real estate be as valuable as time, concern, respect and understanding shared right now? You'd think by now I'd have the answers. Thought I did. The damn questions keep changing. In that respect, today isn't much different than my first one onboard that life raft "Last Chance".

If you ever wonder if there is a way out...if life can be different....better....the answer is yes. You may have to work at it. There is help, some guidelines, like a road map, and another chance.

Every time you get out of bed, don't pick up what you can't put down, and do the next right thing. There is our chance. Use what God gave us to make the most of it. My greatest asset has been the examples of winners. My biggest danger are people who will sign off on my ********. My biggest pet peeve are control freaks. My goal today is to allow you the right to be wrong, to be who you are, to become all you can be. I only ask that you trespass on me respectfully. With that show of respect, all I have is yours. That seems little to offer after 31 years. Looking back, respectful treatment in exchange for respectful behavior has been the greatest thing I've ever been given. I just needed to learn how to do the respectful behavior part. Thank you to all who taught me, either by example or your time and efforts.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

Originally Posted by Lushwell View Post

Every time you get out of bed, don't pick up what you can't put down.