SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/220495-part-3-horselovers-10-nightly-gratitude-items.html)

Fandy 02-25-2011 01:32 PM

I am so grateful that this work week is over for now..I am back on Sunday and Monday, Tuesday Wed. are packed full...then I am off for a few days to do the family dinner gig!

Fandy 02-25-2011 04:40 PM

I am so grateful that i made it through a jam-packed work-week unscathed

grateful that tomorrow can be devoted to my house and getting ready to have company.

and i am grateful that nothing is disturbing my sense of calm...i can work and get ready for a dinner party...i know i have enough time and am organized enough to tasks done and have fun in the process...imagine that???

grateful that i do not have to jump out bed tomorrow am at 5 to start the "beat the clock" game for work....i can have leasure coffee and breakfast both saturday and sunday!

Rule #62 which makes all of the above possible!!!

one day closer to spring and so much more daylight..it easily helps my moods stay positive.

patience and my loving friends both here and IRL

grateful for such improved health in staying sober....

grateful to keep the big picture front and center...

compassion for others, patience that at some point my personal life will become happy.

"fake it until I make it"....see everybody for fresh baked grats and coffee in the AM..have a wonderful happy evening.

Fandy 02-26-2011 04:29 PM

Saturday grats:

getting through 90% of my task list....and deciding the menu for next week...(my mother lost her teeth last week and they seem to be gone for good....we paid 3K for them and now the top ones are gone....she cannot help it, she has no short term memory at all). I think i am going to do picky type food and swedish meatballs in the crockpot with some bowtie pastas.

shrimp & pineapple wrapped in bacon, scallops wrapped in bacon, spinach pull-apart monkey bread, this buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips my nephew makes. a big green salad and whatever else comes to mind.

grateful for a nice easy relaxing evening with my tea and no drama....just a recipe search or two.

grateful for a productive day and lots of junk out the door!

Rule #62 of course.

see everyone for AM grats.

Fandy 02-27-2011 07:40 AM

:tapping:uzi:no grat list all weekend????

Horselover 02-27-2011 08:36 AM

Yup! Me terrible!!!! I've been busy with son and husband and its hard to break out the computer in the evening.

Grateful this Sunday morning for -

1. Time to give thanks.

2. Time with son and husband with being unplugged this weekend. Sometimes its a good thing. :)

3. Trip to Sunflower Grocery. Love that place. Enough fresh fruit for a salad.

4. In laws being on their way from NY to visit us for a couple days while enroute to their destination of California. Will look forward to their return visit as well.

5. Husband's 2nd interview with a company in NY that does the exact same thing he did while we lived in Illinois. This is the company in Illinois that he worked for and was really on top of his game. He's very excited. Say a prayer if you would. Telephone interview on Tuesday.

6. Having a cozy, warm home today. 50 mph wind gusts today. Not a day to be outside doing yard work.

7. Getting up the energy to do some house work. Have to prepare house for husband's parents. They don't arrive until Thursday or Friday though and so I don't want to do too much now and then have to do it again.

8. Fun family time.

9. My pets that sure do sleep a lot, but appear to be very happy.

10. Faith in God and his promises.

11. Being sober!!!!

Fandy 02-27-2011 04:55 PM

Sunday night grats:

a productive day at work

being able to completely detach when I get annoyed with my daughter...i do not have to get my buttons pushed...that's why blocking email was created for peace and sanity.

grateful for hot peach tea and some mindless TV tonight that's just fine by me.

grateful that dreams/nightmares fade away in the light...i don't need to have my sleep disrupted by Mr. Fandy's image in my bed....******{brrr}}}} boo!! hiss! demons!!

grateful to take pleasure from planning my garden for the spring...i can't wait...all the booze $$ i would have spent for the week went to "angels trumpets"..lets see if i can keep them alive.

Rule #62 of course which enables me to laugh and detach easier.

grateful for eternal hope, but not eternal stupidity.

still being able to fake it until i make it...refusing to crumble, refusing to drink booze.

looking forward to the morning and the day.

see everyone in the morning for fresh sober grats....it is wonderful not to feel guilty.

Rusty Zipper 02-27-2011 05:50 PM

have a great time with the IL's S

****{Hubby}}}

Fandy 02-28-2011 04:04 AM

yes, s...sending best possible vibes for the telephone interview....

Reubena 02-28-2011 09:41 AM

Will be sending some good thoughts your way for Tuesday's interview HL :)

Sneezy 02-28-2011 04:31 PM

HL :hug:

Crossing fingers, toes, eyes, whatever else I can cross

and hoping the interview goes fantabulously!'

Let us know.....

Fandy 02-28-2011 05:13 PM

yes, we are all doing the cheering from our sidelines...GO mr. HL!!! knock 'em dead!

monday grats:

grateful that I am not Charlie Sheen...good grief, if anyone ever needed a muzzle, it's him.

grateful that i am quietly secure and somewhat relaxed after a busy day...busy long day tomorrow....hope it goes smoothly

grateful for a quiet evening.
grateful for Rule #62....and yawning...i am too tired.

grateful for tomorrow being closer to Spring..march means we are turning the corner. it was almost 60 today.

grateful that i only have 2 more days of work this week.
grateful that the bills are paid on time, it is payday this week and my tax refund will show up soon.

grateful for getting a better price on the first color choice of bathroom tile!!! bless my contractor who will pass the $1.00 per square foot savings to me!!! wooo-hooo (as Oprah yaps)....it is a beautiful grayish blue subtle swirl with mosaic accents.

hope you all have a great evening.

Horselover 02-28-2011 05:29 PM

You guys the bestest!! I'll let you know.

Grateful this Monday for -

1. My SR family that really means so much to me. Hope I can give back to all of you someday.

2. My warm quilt. Fandy, do you take something for iron? I'm not sure I can because iron supplements you to make me nauseous. I'm wondering if I'm not getting enough because of being meatless.

3. My son's deepening love of reading. Its finally happening! I've been waiting and waiting for it not to be a chore for him. The light is turning on.

4. My husband that is ever optimistic.

5. My dogs that have enjoyed the windless day outside.

6. My cat that slept the windless day away and loved being curled up under the covers by me last night. Tight sleeping quarters with cat, me, son (joining us later in the night.), husband, and Maggie (our dog). This is a queen size bed people. Luckily Matilda can't jump up on the bed and sleeps on a dog bed.

7. Getting a lot accomplished today. Pantry cleaned and organzied. Refrigerator cleaned out. Our closet cleaned and shirts refolded. Ironing done. Having the inlaws for a visit snaps me into action.

8. Son's teachers.

9. Faith in God.

10. Sobriety.

Horselover 02-28-2011 05:52 PM

I'm not sure I can because iron supplements you to make me nauseous.

SHOULD SAY -

I'm not sure I can because iron supplements that I would normally take make me nauseous.

This is what happens when I am interrupted. :)

Sneezy 02-28-2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Horselover (Post 2881703)
This is what happens when I am interrupted. :)

This happens to me all the time, HL - for me, it's called middle age!

Horselover 02-28-2011 07:39 PM

OMG!!! I guess its "old" age for me, Sneezy. I cannot be helped tonight and with that I bid you adieu. To think my career was a legal secretary. LOL! You wouldn't know it. I'm quite a bit rusty. Sorry Rusty. :)

Rusty Zipper 03-01-2011 02:49 AM

well HL

we can sail on the senility sea together

Sneezy 03-01-2011 03:37 AM

HL, if you're in "old age," then I should be in a museum!

Reubena 03-01-2011 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Fandy (Post 2881665)

grateful that I am not Charlie Sheen...good grief, if anyone ever needed a muzzle, it's him.

It's hard for me to watch him implode like this. His ego is going to kill him. Interesting how he's chosen AA to be his whipping post. He hasn't hit bottom yet which is really sad.

Fandy 03-01-2011 05:00 AM

HL, there are different types of Iron supplements. the better one for me is called....

100% natural amino acid chelated 18%mg. iron glyconate,iron aspartate along with 120mg. vitamin c.....it is capsule form and easier on my stomach but i do take with food only....because i'm older, i only take it 4-5 times a week

I buy from Procaps labs dot com...i started iron supplements last year after my hair was falling out....my hairdresser suggested that my body probably needed it...

i know this sounds silly, but my hairdresser knows a LOT about nutrition...he's been doing my hair for a long time and is a very dependable source.

Horselover 03-01-2011 05:17 AM

I knew I could depend on you and I have heard that about hair dressers and dentists. I will look for those. I really think I'm iron deficient.

Grateful to have you as a friend and a resource.