Notices

Health

Old 12-19-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Health

I'm grateful for my health. To think that on a weekly basis I used to abuse my body daily with cigarettes, booze and pot is mind boggling. Now I eat healthy, take vitamins and work out three days a week at least. I'm not a "meat head" and spent most of life feeling scrawny and weak. Recently I started doing crossfit and it is really hard but the fact that I can flip a tractor tire 1/4 of a mile or do 50 pull ups, push ups and squats is amazing. I'm just grateful that in sobriety I am no longer taking my body for granted. I have heard some say that our bodies are god's greatest gift so it feels wonderful not waking up every day and destroying it.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you and yes the body is the temple to the soul. Feels great to take care of it. I agree.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

RWS, thanks for the POSITIVE inspiration! I agree...

for now I am very grateful that I traded a glass of wine in the morning for a veggie omelette...and I am grateful that in taking care of my body it has responded too.

I am very grateful that my hair is growing back full and thick..(it was falling out by the handful last March, I could pull piles of it out of the drain after showering).