Notices

Part 2 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
Big hugs Sneeze.

Me too Sneezy!!!

Grateful this Wednesday for -

1. Being able to do 45 mins this morning on the tread mill.

2. After having found out my sister IS on FB even though she disappeared from my friends list and finding out she's blocked me, I will survive. Feel like I've been punched in the gut, but not going back to my old ways of dealing or rather not dealing with feelings. She's rejected me before. I can take it, but it totally sucks to think she doesn't like the woman I've become.

3. To be able to drive to the bus stop to pick my son up today. Windy and cold!

4. My son and husband and pets which mean the world to me. They love me even if I am not always their cup of tea. Conditional love sucks, but unconditional love is where it is at.

Done for today. Sorry! Not in a good mood today and hopefully the pity party will take a hike.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Me too Sneezy!!!
Thanks so so much Reub and HL
Old 11-09-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
she disappeared from my friends list and finding out she's blocked me, I will survive. Feel like I've been punched in the gut, but not going back to my old ways of dealing or rather not dealing with feelings
((Big hugs back to you, HL))

Grateful for learning to deal with old familiar hurts in new better ways

And grateful for the caring support of grat friends - thanks you guys
Old 11-09-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Awwwwwwww, sorry about that HL... That would really hurt my feelings, too.

You are a gem
Old 11-09-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

FWIW, i don't do Facebook much....I have to twitter for work and truly I don't like people knowing exactly when and where i am.....hey i need privacy!

sorry to hear HL, but it's not your issue, it's hers......i know it hurts and if it helps you feel any better, my daughter acts like I do not exist unless my wallet is open.....otherwise she is so judgemental.

grateful for feeling tired and hoping for a good night's sleep
grateful for insight and being able to guard myself...i do not have to be a gullible open book....i can still be kind and keep a distance....especially when i have a gut feeling.

so tonight, we all don't have to do 10 spots...we can do more tomorrow! the important thing is that we have stopped in and shared....

myself, i am coming into upsetting information and trying to process it...right now it can sit, i canbe more objective tomorrow....

i think the planets may be out of alignment today???? tomorrow we will have a good rest and fresh perspective...lets not make ourselves crazy and overthink....it. we cannot control others...but we have total control over ourselves and our own actions.

so there! good night and i'll talk to you tomorrow....

ooops, Rule #62 and my loving sweet pets who adore me! my job and my own life...much to be grateful for.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:46 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I am kicking this thread to the top for the day....I feel very grateful this morning....sometimes not acting hastily is the best act of all!

my mother was right...."it is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
Old 11-10-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot Sneezy, Reubena, and Fandy. Thanks for the reminder Fandy. I do forget about the fact I can't control others and their opinions of me and only have control over myself. Didn't feel as though I had much control over my feelings yesterday and yes today is a better day.

Grateful for -

1. Having had coffee with a new friend today and finding that we have a lot in common - both older mothers, youngest in our families, dysfunctional as they are, and both have only kids which are boys. God sent what I needed today as He ALWAYS does.

2. After computer becoming unplugged just now I didn't lose what I had already typed. I don't have a battery anymore in my laptop and when it becomes unplugged it dies instantly. So grateful I didn't have to retype things.

3. Being able to come here and get the needed support I'm looking for and the sound advice that Fandy offers up. It really does help.

4. After having told my new friend I do not drink and why I don't drink she not judging me, but telling me that she feels she needs to quit also.

5. Being able to go and get snow boots for son tomorrow. Suppose to get snow Thursday night. Let the winter weather roll on in AFTER the boots are bought.

6. Having bought 3 books for son's stocking from the book fair today. Such a convenience and good prices AND helps school too!

7. Beautiful day. Cold day, but beautiful just the same.

8. Realizing, as the wise and dear Fandy pointed out, its not my issue but its my sister's issue. I may not be perfect, but I'm not a monster either. I am, rather, a work in progress.

9. Faith in God!

10. Being sober!

11. Husband and son and pets!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

No One has every referred to me as "Dear WISE Fandy"....I feel rather......puffed up!

but sometimes it takes another person who is not connected to the whole emotional mess to put it in perspective.

no, you are not a *monster*, you are DOING THE BEST YOU CAN! if that's not *good enough*, so be it.

grateful today to be logical and hoping for a peaceful evening.
grateful that I exercised this morning, because it is now dark and I am still at work!

(back later)
Old 11-10-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fandy, dear, the original meaning of 'wit' (as in "brevity is the soul of wit") is "wise" and you are both wise and witty.

In the Renaissance the word ‘wit’ meant wisdom or ‘intelligence’.

Tonight I'm grateful for my beloved dogs and cats and their love for me always. Don't know what I'd do without them...

Grateful for a peaceful productive lazy day - all rolled into one.

Grateful that every time I pass the battered womens' shelter in my neighborhood I say a prayer of thanks that I don't need their services.

Grateful to be cleaning up the clutter and junk in my home, getting ready for my housemate to move in. Great incentive to clean everything.

Grateful that both my stray kitties are in the bsmt for the night so they'll be warm and dry.

Grateful that my happily living sober might be of help to someone struggling with their sobriety... so grateful I can give back the love and support I've always found here.

Grateful for the house-full of dogs I have here on weekdays. It's always a joy to see them all sleeping together on my bed.

Grateful that my thinking is so much clearer and sharper sober.

And always grateful to have this place to express my thanks for all these blessings.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

grateful for holding my mouth and my temper....good thing.

grateful to give myself a GIFT EVERY DAY...by taking care of my body and my mind.
grateful for a peaceful dog walk this evening and now ready to turn in and watch tv.
(5am comes around too soon)

grateful to be at peace with my recovery and grateful that labels are NOT the norm on this website....(the planets must be out of alignment, I swear).

grateful the cat did not heave a hairball onto the keyboard....my reflexes are quite good.

grateful to put my feet up as i have been running in 3" heels for 12 hours...ouchy.

grateful I seem to have tired out the dog because he is fast asleep instead of bouncing....Poms do bounce....all the time.

grateful I did not overeat, because i needed to walk the dog...by the time I got back, not so hungry.

grateful for Rule #62...others should learn it and recite it to themselves.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

grateful for Rule #62...others should learn it and recite it to themselves.
amen to that fands

and S, none of us are monsters anymore
Old 11-11-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Grateful this Thursday for -

1. Getting my 45 minutes of treadmill in.

2. Having enough to buy the winter boots for son before the snow arrives.

3. Not taking life for granted anymore and trying to lower my expectations.

4. Beautiful sunny day.

5. Homemade chicken soup and HeartSmart Bisquick biscuits for dinner. I'm trying, but still crave my comfort food. Trying to adapt healthier ways of making stuff and this looks pretty descent.

6. Not to be counting the days I have been off ice cream. You thought I was going to say drinking didn't ya? Didn't ya? Admit it!

7. Sobriety is a way of life and the cravings have virtually disappeared and when and if they come back I have tools to deal with them.

8. I can say no at times and the guilt I used to feel after saying it is not as bad as it once was. People get mad because I don't always say yes anymore, but I'm learning to set boundaries.

9. Snoring dogs and napping cat.

10. Awesome son and husband!!

11. Weekend almost being here.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

congrats on your treadmilling HL, it's good for you and always justifies the ice cream.

Thursday night grats:

grateful for letting go...and not being obsessive...it feels mentally healthier
grateful for relaxing my mind!
grateful for having a quiet evening ahead of me with no drama....i have had quite enough this last year....peace and quiet may be *boring* but boring is what my head needs at this time....
grateful for the sober routine, it's boring too, but it's quite ok with me
grateful for resting my mind and body.
grateful that I supported my mother's church today...they were having a fundraiser, it is directly across the street from my hospital...I came, I purchased, I gave my phone number for future baked goods orders....it is very ethic food and once in a while I enjoy it..while my arteries slam shut...besides it is good to bribe others with....(like my favorite contractor)
grateful for financial peace of mind (for now anyway).
grateful to be kind to others today and share.
RULE #62! hah! i feel as if I have insight.
grateful that you all let me ramble on....
grateful that I think I may survive a difficult holiday season that is fast approaching...I dread it, but I will get through it.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for:

dogs

cats

good food

good neighbors

reasonably good health

loving family and friends

lovely warm sunny weather

peace of mind

a comfortable bed covered with dog and cat hair

and last but not least, for the rule 62 reminder
Old 11-12-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

ah yes....

grateful for Rule #62....if only everyone were to know it, the world would be a better place!

grateful to say I have now knocked off 8 months extra on my mortgage payments since i stopped spending countless $$$ on booze! my finances are in much better shape and so am I! I started this as an experiment when i found extra funds due to no alcohol consumption....the markets are too risky these days, and once I pay it towards the house, i have to go through a whole home equity loan processing to get it out...if i threw it in a savings, i could withdraw it too easy.....i'm not moving, so paying down the mortgage seemed "sensible" in case my financial outlook would change....I have about 15 years left to work before retirement..on a govmt. pension.

it makes me "feel good"...and i am grateful for all positive feelings....and a little security as i am a one income family of 5....the 3 cats and the dog do not work nor do i get fur-child support.

grateful for the compliments i re'd on my hair today...how shiney? considering it was jumping off of my head 6 months ago, I feel blessed to hear that.

back later....suppertime for the pets and litterbox duty.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Fandy, you are awesome! Admire your financial savy.

Grateful for -

1. Good health.

2. Awesome husband and son.

3. Wonderful pets that make me laugh often.

4. Mentors in life.

5. The will to become a better individual.

6. Movie night and popcorn (smart balance instead of butter - trying). Movie is "Sound of Music." Son has never seen it and I have never seen the whole thing. I always sing the "Doe a deer, a female deer . . ." to him and so it will be fun for him to see it sung much better by others.

7. Friday night!

8. A beautiful day and a great walk with husband this morning and walking to get son from bus stop. I usually drive. Better for me and for him to walk.

9. Being sober!

10. Being healthy and living healthy.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

nor do i get fur-child support
I know what you mean, I have five furry kids. ... but they're worth every penny...

I am grateful times ten for all my blessings.

HL, Sound of Music is a wonderful movie and one of my favorites. I love Julie Andrews and the whole cast. Not to mention it's really funny at times. Enjoy the movie together.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

How old is that movie???? I remember going to see it when it first came out, i must have been 10? 8?"how do you solve a problem like Maria"?
Old 11-13-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

It was great and its been around for 45 years! I had seen the whole movie, but did not remember it. My soon to be 8 year old son LOVED it and I said we should make this a yearly tradition. His comment was, "Mom, can we watch it every year on my birthday?" LOL! His favorite song, ready Fandy, was "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" He's been signing it all day!

Grateful for -

1. Family movie nights.

2. Sharing on SR with my other family. BTW, Least, I can tell why it is your favorite movie. It is mine too. I love these type of movies. Next will be "Mary Poppins."

3. Fun in Santa Fe today and getting out.

4. Beautiful Fall day.

5. Son getting so much joy from a $3 pop gun we bought him today.

6. Nice walk around the neighborhood this evening with my son and his pop gun. He protected us very well with this device. Rattlesnakes slithered out of the way as soon as they heard the "POP!"

7. Our dogs that waited patiently outside while we were gone and then jumped all over us thinking we may never have returned AND it was supper time!

8. Our dear cat that could care less if we were home during the day or not. She sleeps it away and then has the nerve to scream in our face at 3 am demanding breakfast. Still love her, but her attitude . . . let's just say that needs work.

9. Chinese that husband is cooking tonight.

10. Cozy and snug home.

11. Being sober!!
Old 11-14-2010, 03:23 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Love TSOM! I played the record so many times I probably wore it out and still remember virtually every word of every song! Of course, I had to act out and sing each part - drove my brother nuts.

HL's son and his popgun and rattlesnakes slithering away - awesome!