Notices

Part 2 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

As I said, after I stopped panicking and started using my head it was much less to worry about.
imagine that! lol

good wishes on the raise S
Old 01-11-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Yeah imagine that! Sounds obvious, RZ, but the obvious goes unnoticed most of the time for me.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Sending hugs HL and of course major positive thoughts for your husband's interviews this week.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Wed morning grats:

1) Grateful for a little extra time this morning to putter around on the puter

2) Grateful for my kids and my husband

3) Grateful for less worry, more contentment

4) Grateful for friendship. Grateful for the grat pack

5) Grateful that even though I despise this weather, the cold memories will make Spring and Summer seem that much nicer.

6) Grateful I am getting in touch with my inner handywoman. Never knew I could fix things.

7) Grateful that the 7+ months we've been on the market hasn't broken me. I'm amazed. The active alky reub could not have handled it.

8) Grateful for humor. Grateful my kids are my own personal comedians.

9) Grateful for hopes and dreams. They might never come to fruition, but that's ok. Right now I'm dreaming about buying a vacation property. It sure is fun to look at what's out there

10) Grateful that life is so much better now. I remember when I was in my early thirties (a few years into being a professional wino) and sobbing one morning when I woke up hungover. Thinking "will I be like this in 10 years??". Well the answer was "yes", but not 11 years thank goodness. Very grateful to the grat pack... I don't think I would have made it past the 30 day mark without you guys." And Sneeze, I still have the occasional STRONG urge to drink wine, too. Not too often, but I'm amazed by the power of the pull.

Fandy: still taking Sam-e. I really do think it helps. PMS kicks Sam-e's hiney though

Love to all
Old 01-12-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Wed. early evening grats:

grateful for the positive energy today....(maybe it is the SAM-e and St. Johns Wort along with sobriety, a *Trifecta* for sure)

grateful for the great things I learn about through SR friends (the fakeTV posted on whiners)...great gadget

grateful for having the morning off...I accomplished laundry and a bit of organizing

RULE #62...for everyone!!

grateful for having a good dinner to prepare tonight, thanks to being organized and bit of free time.

grateful to see reality and not act stupidly.
grateful that my hair is no longer falling out, but growing back thick as it used to be!

(back later)
Old 01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful tonight

that the rest of the night is mine to do nothing

that I'm getting better at not sweating the small stuff

that my dogs are healthy and happy thanks to my sobriety

that my roommate is a really neat lady, polite and smart and clean

that my roommate's dog and cat are really cool loving animals

that I have my van back and it's better than ever

that I no longer want to drink

that I live responsibly now, no more bs and avoidance

that I still live in this nice house in this great neighborhood - 22 yrs this May

that I have this wonderful family here to love and be loved by
Old 01-12-2011, 04:43 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I wish for this..."that I no longer want to drink"....

I am grateful for good friends who listen to me every day.

I am grateful for finding someone who seems to be an excellent asst. for me at work, i am very comfortable with my new employee....confident that he will be able to cover my office by himself in the future...so i can relax on my days off!

i'm grateful to unwind and relax tonight and so appreciate sleeping like a normal person.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I am so grateful to be privileged to read all the things everyone is grateful for... really, I am. Love them.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

least,

could you find me a roomy?
Old 01-13-2011, 12:16 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

we can add this on for the next 10 or continue

grateful to have SR to stave off insomnia insanity..which is what i seem tohave.

it was either log on here, or start some ironing....an easy guess as to which is preferable...but the ironing is a necessay evil.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:27 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Old 01-13-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Thursday night grats: tryig for 10 but it's a slow day so bear with me.

grateful for being here instead of in a dark depressed place of hopelessness

grateful for my accomplishments, self esteem and bouncing back to myself...boy is it hard to diet and exercise, but if i live on a diet of ice-cream, candy and cheetos, i will be walking like a peingun..waddling

grateful for Rule #62 which allows me to see humor

grateful to have found laughing cow sund-dried tomato and basil cheese wedges at 35 calories broiled on a tomato it is a good little treat.

grateful tomorrow is Friday! and it is not snowing....it is cold but i don'thave to work outside.

grateful for posting here on SR each day....sometimes you guys are the best part of my day.

grateful we are one day closer to spring and a bit more daylight!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Grateful this Thursday for -

1. Getting a call regarding a local Boy Scouts Troup, which we went to last night and are very grateful to have found. He is now a wolf and no longer a tiger!

2. Getting first coat of paint on our bathroom this morning. Second coat tomorrow. Really am liking the color Mom and I chose. Husband approves also, which is good.

3. Watching "Shaun the Sheep" off Netflix and hearing son's laughter. He loves slap stick comedy just like his mom.

4. A cat beside me that is staring me down as I type this. Wonder what she would like. I'm not a mind reader.

5. Valentine heart candy my Mom dropped off because she knows its my favorite. Stomach ache because I ate too much though. My fault.

6. Finding a new friend yesterday. Its always nice to find a new friend.

7. Getting into this painting and remodeling thing. Its fun!!! Want to come over and have some fun?

8. Husband having a great interview yesterday and then today getting a call out of the blue from a company that saw his resume online and would like to interview him. He's a hot commodity right now. Woo hoo! Think multiple job offers and winner is the highest bidder.

9. Learning about another religion due to the fact that son's boy scouts meets in a Mormon church. Really nice and open people. I've always liked to learn about different religions.

10. Being sober and being content. Finding gratitude everyday. Finding love here and friends that share the common goal of getting sober, remaining sober and living happily sober.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Friday night grats:

grateful to be home and relaxing, i have a raging sinus headache, feel like something is coming up on me.

grateful i do not have to take care of anyone except ME and the pets tonight....it would be exhausting to cook dinner, and just talk right now.

grateful for my brother who handles the financial end of our commitments and property

grateful I can put my feet up and just lay around watching TV tonight until i fall asleep and sleep in tomorrow, maybe i just need a good night's sleep, it's been a rough week sleep-wise.

grateful we are one day closer to spring and another few minutes of daylight every day.

Rule #62...a powerful thought every day along with humor.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:42 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Sunday a.m. gratitude

1) Grateful for some sun. It's nasty cold outside, but the sunshine puts a positive spin on the day.

2) Grateful to wake up from a bad dream (dreamed I left my kids at a store and went back and couldn't find them). (?!!!)

3) Grateful for fun ways to amuse myself. Grateful that wine isn't on that list.

4) Grateful I'm learning and growing everyday. Liking myself a little more, too.

5) Grateful for my friend who is helping me with my business. Turns out she has a degree in counseling and worked as a counselor prior to teaching. She probably doesn't know it, but she is my therapist . The win-win is turning out to be more than that

6) Grateful for my 3 boys, so full of energy, still so innocent.

7) Grateful for SR, the gratitude list, and all of you guys that share and read HL's thread. Wouldn't be here today without you.

8) Grateful for ukulele music.

9) Grateful my biz is growing.

10) Grateful for some fun planned today (going to an open house).

Have a great day everyone. Do something nice for YOU today
Old 01-16-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Grateful this Sunday for -

1. Finishing the painting in the bathroom. Its so much better in there now.

2. Having fun buying up Home Depot things in my mind yesterday. Who says window shopping can't be fun!

3. My son having fun playing over at his grandma's yesterday and today.

4. Watching a goofy movie with husband off Netflix last night.

5. A sunny beautiful day ahead.

6. Looking to add a kitten to our family soon. Went kitten shopping yesterday, but they are low until April and then there should be a lot of them. Son's been begging so he will be happy to hear we have decided to go for it. What to get. We have 1 female cat that's about 5 or 6 years old. What do you say Fandy?

7. The dog next year being surrendered to a rescue in Albuquerque. The animal control was called once again a week ago and they convinced them to surrender the puppy. Now it will get a loving family. We would have taken it if it was to be put down, but it doesn't get on with cats and so we let it go. It went to a no kill shelter which is everything.

8. The weather turning a bit warmer.

9. Another trip to the library and MORE good books to read.

10. Being sober and really settling into sober living.

11. SR and my friends here. Hope all are enjoying the weekend. Hi Reubena!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
7. The dog next year being surrendered to a rescue in Albuquerque. The animal control was called once again a week ago and they convinced them to surrender the puppy. Now it will get a loving family. We would have taken it if it was to be put down, but it doesn't get on with cats and so we let it go. It went to a no kill shelter which is everything.
Hi HL!!!

Is this the dog that you wrote about a few weeks ago? Glad he is going to a rescue, at least he'll have a chance now.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Yes he is the same one. I called animal rescue again because he showed up one day and was left out all day long. They came and like I said, basically talked them into surrendering him. He has had all his shots, is fixed and is a friendly dog so they (Animal Control) assured me he would be adopted fast.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Wow. Reread that and it should have said "The dog NEXT door IS being surrendered." Folks I've got some kind of a flu virus today and its going to my head or rather, gone to my head. Sorry.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

next year dogs.....i was confused too!

your cat will love having a kitten of her own to boss around...Pookie is the baby, he is actually Fandy's sister's first kitten-child...he was a only kitten very spoiled from the moment he was born under the dining room table at my friend's house....Pookie is a short-hair with a very round face (almost like a scottish fold but he has regular ears)....he loves being the baby-boy, both Slim and Fandy have washed and cuddled him from the first day he came home....he is running around the house in his perriwinkle blue collar....steals from the trash and loves pizza.

grateful for a quiet peaceful sunday, i did nothing but watch TV today...i love the trashy shows...got to see 2 episodes of Tabitha's salon takeover ad lots of NCIS as there is a marathon.

grateful i got a good haircut yesterday
grateful for a feeling at peace in my head for today
grateful for staying on the New year's diet...at least for today...it ain't easy but all i can do is try, try again. (like other things in life yathink)
grateful that tomorrow is a holiday from work!...i can put away all the Xmas decorations
grateful for hot lemon&blueberry tea...i have a chest congestion thing going on
RULE# 62 of course
grateful for on-line resources and tax free shopping, free deliveries
grateful for SR...it keeps me accountable.
grateful for having faith that my life will improve at some point...it is up to me to put in the work to make it better...i have control over what I do and how i act.
grateful for choosing NOT to drink today.