Notices

Grateful for Joy

Old 09-19-2010, 08:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Grateful for Joy

Today I realized how grateful I am for the capacity to feel joy. Nothing earth-shattering happened to me today, it was a regular Sunday. The weather was beautiful, with plenty of bright sunshine. I may not have taken the time to notice the sunshine had it not been for my thirst- was drinking some ice water this afternoon and sat the cup down on a wooden step. The water that had collected under the cup sprayed everywhere, and the droplets caught the sun. It was so pretty! I felt like a little kid in a sprinkler- completely fascinated by the prism of colors coming from the water. So, I did what any entranced child would do- I kept picking up the cup and smacking it down into the puddle over and over again. HA! Talk about silly, fun, ridiculousness. I probably would have kept this up all day had it not been for my roommate- she walked out and asked me if the cheese had slid completely off of my cracker. I laughed so hard I thought I would hurt myself. I am so grateful that I am sober today, able to feel joy and experience little pleasures in life. I never noticed things like that when I drank. What's your joy today?
Truly *Joyful*
Old 09-20-2010, 12:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes Truly ....
I'm a believer in joyous recovery

Life in general....works best for me when I
remember Rule 62.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

what a lovely post! yes, i'm there with enjoying just plain old weather...and Rule #62 works for me too. I just get so much satisfaction out of living ODAAT and enjoying little things every day. a good mood is much more preferable than gloom and an ominous cloud about what "could" happen.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

tru,

my joy today is reading your post.

welcome to grats
Old 09-20-2010, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Truly, Thanks for your post. What a wonderful visual!

I forget that Joy is an emotion and because I am sober today, I am able to feel that again.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too am grateful just to be able to 'feel' my feelings instead of burying them and then living with the rotting garbage under the surface. It's so lovely to be able to appreciate the little things, in our lives, in nature.

Thanks!