Notices

Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

1. cooler weather
2. a good, tired feeling from exercising
3. things are quiet tonight and I'm going to bed soon
4. faith (my only weapon against worry)
5. the upcoming weekend
6. to be sober
7. house being shown twice tomorrow (trying to sell)
8. a second day of healthy eating with no compromises
9. walks in the evening
10. My great wife. I'd be lost without her.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:12 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Wow, so many homes for sale on the grat forum - we need to throw a great big 3-way open house....:

Thursday grats:

1. Having the chance to apologize for having put my foot (no, both feet) in my mouth yesterday. Really dumb. Fortunately, they were very nice about it.

2. Having the chance to help a grandmother and her grandson today at the dog park - that was fun!

3. Getting to have a conversation with someone I find kind of intimidating and finding he's not so scary after all

4. Working really hard today and feeling productive and like I really helped a few people.

5. Not being worried about my presentation tomorrow. I'm learning to get out of my own way.

6. Chocolate cookie dough frozen yogurt. One of these days I'm hoping they find out what a medical miracle frozen yogurt is so I can justify how much I eat of the stuff.

7. A beautiful moon tonight, and a beautiful walk around the lake twice with the pooch who one of these days I'm afraid is actually gonna catch a duck, even though she's on a leash. Highly duck-motivated dog

8. God's steadying hand and shining light, very grateful.

9. All of the good folks at SR and the grat forum.

10. My health, my sobriety, a growing sense of peace inside.

Gnite grat packers!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:54 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

you had me a little nerved up there for a few fands!

r62
Old 08-27-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

RZ, sometimes I get so wrapped up in myself and my issues, I gotta take a step back....I find that Rule 62 is useful in that respect too!

seey'all later tonight, my exams are in full swing all day.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

whew,and I was obsessing about going to sleep without turning on my netbook!

Saturday early grats.....

1. very grateful for being so busy i don't have time to be depressed this day! i had the gardener guy do lots of heavy work for me, chopping, sawing pulling out roots and making sense out of what was once an over-grown mess on the back side of my house...complete with the skull of a dead animal...

2. very grateful that I am NOT dwelling on the skull...it is probably a feline or a coon? did i say I'm not dwelling?

3. very grateful that I have FOUND SOMEONE to do this heavy labor, i would pay him double what he charges but don't tell him that!...(shhh he is 10X better than Mr. Fandy and I don't have to put up with him once he is finished, just pay him in cash and he goes away, a perfect relationship with no annoyances)!

4. grateful that I have a big plan for gardening improvements which go a long way towards making me feel good...it is serene to have pretty plants and trees to look at and I enjoy collecting giant rocks for the borders...the fact that they are FREE and I build muscles carrying them is just an added BONUS!...a 2-fer.

5. glad and grateful that I am in a good mood!

(back later if I can, I am at work)
Old 08-28-2010, 01:23 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

continuing Saturday grats:

6. grateful that I have accomplished so much today just by being organized and getting up early....my reward is not having to come to work tomorrow!

7. grateful that relax this evening and hopefully sleep in tomorrow...(just a little selfishness is good for me).

8. grateful that I am able to enjoy some of my past hobbies, I deserve to have some fun.

9. that Rule #62 and letting go of my anger...I am a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around", but I don't get to say WHEN and I have accepted that and i am a lot happier for it.

10. my loving pets and the exercise they give me, whether it is grooming them or walking them, or cleaning after them...it's all good to make me move my body.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Grateful this Sunday evening for -

1. Getting A LOT accomplished today!!!! Not my old hangover day - THANK GOD!

2. Husband returning tonight.

3. Dog that is sitting beside me giving me a foot bath and the other one that is very attentive to something outside.

4. My cat that found a lizard (which looked like a snake, but my son says it was a lizard - UGLY!!) outside our bedroom door.

5. The beautiful weather we had today.

6. Being sober and being happy about the fact.

7. Loving life!!

8. My mother that cooked me a very special dinner for my birthday. She felt bad because husband was away and so, once again, she spoils me.

9. My son that is becoming very adaptable to his parents' adventures.

10. Getting a lead on someone that might tandem jump with me. Birthday wish is to "go sky diving, Rocky Mountain Climbing . . . " Seriously!!

11. Dreams becoming reality.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:19 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
it is what it is

Horselover - i have never understood the need to jump out of a perfectly good airplane but the rocky mountain climbing sounds great!! good luck on your search for a jumping buddy
Sunday gratitudes:
1. extra long praise/worship time this morning at church - awesome!
2. good visit with AS in jail this morning.
3. very busy weekend - didn't get any papers graded yet and not stressed about it!
4. wonderful ride in a state park with a good friend yesterday
5. got the grass cut
6. finding a young man who needs help financially and being able to give him some work
(i've had a hard time admitting i need help with the work on the farm)
7. having supper with a friend tonight
8. 85 degree weather instead of 95 degrees!
9. love, peace
10. hope
Old 08-29-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

1. Good Church service that get's me thinking
2. Got to go golfing (...you know I'm better since getting sboer LOL : )
3. Nice weather today
4. Good job to go to tomorrow
5. Evening walk with my wife
6. Good and tired from the day's healthy activities
7. My 16 year or Rat Terrier. She's still happy and gets to go to work with me.
8. Nice quiet weekend in the neighborhood
9. Apple flavored Crystal Light mix. Great for helping me drink more water.
10. Whatever the future holds
Old 08-30-2010, 04:12 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
10. Getting a lead on someone that might tandem jump with me. Birthday wish is to "go sky diving, Rocky Mountain Climbing . . . " Seriously!!
That's great, HL - you'll have to let us know how it goes!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:34 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

no jumping out of an airplane for ME!!! I would probably choke from fear....(your life insurance policy will not cover this)....just call me CHICKEN!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

The guy is a paratrooper in the Airforce. I would feel pretty darn safe.

This Monday night I am grateful for -

1. Still learning patience. Wonder if I will ever fully grasp that word.

2. Another beautiful New Mexico day.

3. My lego building son. He's really getting creative.

4. The spider that is becoming pet size outside our door. Husband wants to move him with us. Don't think so. Have watched it grow from baby to adult though.

5. Nature's miracles and God's hand in all of it.

6. Being able to help friend out while she is gone and spending time with her wonderful animals. Doesn't cost me anything and helps her. I'm good with that.

7. Being on pins and needles waiting to hear back on husband's interview he had last Friday. Was suppose to be called today, but didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow.

8. Good health.

9. Both cars being gassed up and ready to take us places.

10. Music!

11. SOBRIETY!!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

s, i don't care if JC himself and Moses are on the plane..(Charlton Heston always impressed me parting the Red Sea in the movie version).....I ain't stepping off into thin air....nosirreebob, Fandy likes her 2 feet on firm footing.....and the REAL Fandy only jumps from 8 feet by the kitchen ceiling on top of the cabinets.

Monday Grats:

1. clean towels and a clean freshly shampooed dog....brushed and fluffed out he looks like a stuffed animal...and smells quite good...(cucumber melon body mist).

2. clean catbox and clean dishes...i am getting more done than i ever did when i was drinking......gardening, cleaning, shopping, working...whew!

3. grateful to be physically tired

4. grateful that my new student group shows signs of intelligent life and no trace of brattiness or whining....they seem to actually like me...and a few of them are older in their 30s...makes them more mature students...they are excited to learn to cut and sew....not on real patients...just fatback pigskin.

5. grateful that i saved the extra donuts from this morning....i may need them tomorrow, wrapped and refridg. they won't get stale.

6....working Rule #62, as RZ says, if i work it, it works!!! (very wise advice)

7. very nice weather, hot and sunny...95 tomorrow too.

8. upcoming 3 day weekend where i will NOT allow myself to floundr and move backwards, if i feel i might slip, I have a PLAN!....$$$ talks and bullsh!$t walks

9. enjoying old hobbies again and kicking tires while looking for a new SUV....something *smaller*.....i adore the hamster commercials but refuse to drive something that looks like a French taxi!

10. working towards moving forward and forgetting the past....stuff happens, i'm not the first person to have the "wool pulled over my eyes", but fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and i will be sure you don't walk upright again.

11. enjoying my sobriety without fanfare...it's for me and what i do my way is just fine!

Old 08-30-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

go for it S,

a friend of mine did that with a sober bunch,

he said,

it was the most awesome experience of his life,

and he looked at fears in a way new light after it...

just make shure you have a pink parachute! lol
Old 08-31-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Tuesday gratitude:

1. Seeing a big improvement in my relationship with a coworker
2. Being of service tonight to some people who recently lost a family member
3. The upcoming 3-day weekend - looking forward to spending time with my family and an old friend coming to visit
4. Payday! And a paycheck
5. Having more self-confidence these days
6. Having more patience these days
7. A friend struggling with drinking asked me how I got sober and I really felt like I had some learning to share with them
8. My great dad who will always be my hero
9. Sobriety - I feel so much better in almost every way than I did 8 months ago
10. God's love and care for all of us - my biggest gratitude!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Perfect Rusty! I like the part at looking at fears differently. I'm up for that. xxx

This Tuesday night I am grateful for -

1. My friends here.

2. My husband and son.

3. My animals.

4. A full stomach.

5. A beautiful day that I was able to enjoy some of by sitting outside and reading. Love that!

6. New opportunities in life and feeling excitement about them instead of debilitating fear as I once did.

7. BEING SOBER ANOTHER DAY!!!

8. Finishing a good book and having 2 more in line.

9. Music - beautiful music!

10. The rescue my friend runs.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I will try to be back tonight, last night i was sooo whipped i did not even go on line...see my early AM wake-up calls in the grats.

hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Grateful this Wednesday for -

1. Getting through yet another day without hearing back regarding interview husband went on. Pins and needles!!

2. Lovely cool air coming in through the window.

3. Bird song.

4. Grass finally getting cut tomorrow!!!

5. Having the money to hire someone to cut the 2 acres and that it doesn't grow as fast as back in NYS.

6. My son that is incredibly talented on the Star Wars video game.

7. My husband that is being slammed with learning patience this week.

8. Keeping busy to pass time and getting things accomplished.

9. Being pretty healthy. Have a cold, but am sure that's stress.

10. Clean home.

11. Healthy and happy pets.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

well I had better start early if I want to post on this thread...because I was asleep at 9PM last night!

beginning Thursday grats and through the previous days this week:

1. grateful to be coming out of the dark depression and being very busy with real life.
2. handling much stress and work at my job
3. finally cooking myself a decent sit-down dinner last night
4. the dog NOT having a pee accident when I left him in the florida room for 9 hours....I hate to make him wait with his legs crossed...(LITTLE dogs have LITTLE bladders).

back later!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

continuing:

5. grateful I can make lemonade out of lemons...work may be very busy, but I am grateful I have such a job that pays union wages and much overtime.

6. grateful that I have a flexible schedule this weekend and can work as much or as little as i feel is worthwhile.

7. grateful that I will have extra income to continue my home improvement projects. No loans are needed.

8. grateful that i don't have a huge appetite, i tend to overeat when i get stressed at work...I am not gnawing my way through a bag of twizzlers today!

9. grateful i figured out an unfamiliar computer formula without too much frustration and little errors!

10. grateful i am sober to do #9!

11. Rule #62...today and tonight, I don't ask for more than that, the rest will take care of itself, somehow that is ok too.

(back later to add on, i figure I have much grats to catch up on)

Sarah, i felt the same way last Saturday when the gardener who works for me occasionally made a tidy, organized planting area out of a 20 foot overgrown mess overrun with weeds and ivy, dead branches...