Notices

A Circle of Gratitude

Old 12-12-2009, 11:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Circle of Gratitude

I had a interesting experience at work I thought I'd share here. We were having a very bad day. I was on my last nerve. While I was in the back room with a co worker, I sorta blurted out "I'm grateful I have a warm bed to go home to." She reached out, took my hand and said "I'm grateful I wore my warm sweater today." Another co worker took my other hand and said "I"m grateful I wore the shoes that are comfortable and not the ones that make me look good!" We now had a little circle going! We went several rounds of gratitude and then hugged each other before heading out into the fray!

It was amazing! We all felt better, laughed a bit and had much better attitudes. I don't think these other women are alcoholic/addicts but that we could come together in a place of gratitude to just take a moment was so wonderful!

I just wanted to share this. I'm going to try it again from time to time, it got me through a rough time and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

I am so grateful to be able to reach out and Be Grateful with friends!

Love,

Lenina
Old 12-13-2009, 12:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - what a great idea!!! I had to laugh...one of my "problem children" at work, tonight, had been complaining about not making enough money, not getting enough tables/customers, etc. I told him I'd been there for HOURS and had been going through the same thing, and he didn't hear ME complaining.

When someone says "they only left me a $3 tip" I come back with "that's $3 you didn't have". I think, sometimes they want to smack me However, I later heard this same worker, going by me, saying "I'm grateful for my job, I'm grateful for my job" Don't know whether he FELT grateful, but at least he was trying to GET there!

I also had a regular customer of mine come in...he's homeless and it's cold and raining outside. He's a really nice guy, and I made the comment to my coworkers "I don't know how any of us can complain, when that man is sleeping under a bridge and never complains". You could have heard a pin drop.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-13-2009, 01:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome...it's so easy to be consumed by our problems, and I try to do this everyonce in a while, but like the spontaneity of this, like checking yourself! Kudos!
Old 12-13-2009, 01:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing that leni
Old 12-13-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thank you Lenina, that was a nice thing to read.

Amazing how finding things to be grateful for

can change your perspective on things.

Thank you
Old 12-13-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
struggling @ 6 months

Thanks for the perspective adjustment. I know I am definately grateful for my job, even though I don't work full time. we can pretty much make it. I've got to get my God box back in operation. I'll try to not take back the things I give to Him.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
struggling @ 6 months

by the way rusty zipper, what is rule 62?
Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sense of humor, laugh, I believe... 62 that is.

A couple of years ago, my sister and I were having a pity party...low on money, both single, worried about Christmas for the kids, etc., and all of a sudden, she looked at me and broke into "A Long December" by Counting Crows. We both stopped bawling and then sang the whole song, laughing our tales off...whenever we get overwhelmed, it never fails...one or the other will start: "A long December and there's reason to believe, maybe this year will we better than the last." We always smile, and it's kind of our "reality check".
Old 12-14-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

oh7 has the gist of it...

for me, its real meaning...

getting out of self