Notices

I am grateful for my furry babies!

Old 10-07-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my furry babies!

I am so grateful for my fluffy babies (2 kitties and 5 rats). They are one sense of balance in my life and comfort, and they are the reason I can't just go **** off somewhere and party the night away, because they have given me a new outlook on responsibility. They need me and I need them. They are all such gifts to me. I swear to god, the first thing I want to do when I have a bad day, or even a not bad day, is run home and chill with them. They are my sense of love and peace. Animals are period, to me my love for animals is like my one with the universe you know? But my own babies are of course, particularily special. So as silly as it sounds, I am so greateful that I have 7 beautiful creatures that depend on my to be their mommy and give me that balance, motivation and responsibility to not be able to just party away even if I wanted too. And on those days where it feels like there is no reason to even wake up, they give me one. They give me reason to stay clean too, they don't get the attention and lovins they deserve generally, when I am drug binging all night and then sleeping all day the next day, then waking up groggy and feeling not so amazing. Where do they fit in there? No, being fur-mommy is a big responsibility and I love my pets SO much, this is a HUGE reason for me to stay clean. When I am using, they don't get nearly as much attention as they need. I'm thankful for my pets, and animals period, and the things I have learned from them!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too credit my animals (two dogs and four cats) for my staying sober. They give me a reason to get up every morning and take care of them. They give me a reason to be grateful at bedtime with them snuggled on the bed. They need me and they need me SOBER to give them the proper care and love for a good life.

Thank you God for giving me my animals to care for and love!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Furbabies are very healing. This is a gift they possess and one that they give freely and unconditionally to us. I am thankful for the little furkid currently in my life, and I cherish every hour of every day that I can spend with her.
I love these posts by Rockets and Least, and can totally relate to Least's sentiments and quotes.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to my dogs for always keeping me safe and warm at night. Their presence calms me and makes me feel better. Thank God for my dogs!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm also thankful for my baby girls (two cats) who keep me warm at night and love me no matter what. So nice to have someone who is happy to see you when you come home from work!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Faerie

My furkids, Drizzle [Dog] and Goblin [Cat] are the biggest joys in my life.

Enough said.

Much love to my fellow furparents,

Faerie xxx
Old 10-22-2009, 11:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Spot on! My 2 boy cats, panther and mufasa, ease my soul and my heart! It seems that a lot of alcoholics have huge hearts and love their furbabies lol