I am GRATEFUL

Old 06-24-2009, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face I am GRATEFUL

Today i am grateful for:

1. SR - my newly found home where i don't have to feel alone
2. The life that i have - after 2 suicide attempts due to drug usage
3. Being clean and sober for 86 days
4. Having made the decision to walk away from using and the ppl that i was using with
5. The woman that chose to stick by me and help thorugh my difficult times
6. My baby that is on the way - and the fact that i managed to clean up before the baby is born
7. The Serenity prayer.
8. My Higher Power
9. My family
10. The fact that i am able to look at myself in the mirror every morning and not be scared of what i see.

I am thankful that i am now able to live life on life's terms and that i don't need any mind altering substances to see me thru the day. Thou its hard but I am now learning to be honest and if i am not, i try to make amends immediately.

I am grateful that i wake up in the morning and know that i did not hurt anyone or do anything wrong. I am healthy, I feel good and i am clean.....
That's amazing.....

Just for today: My recovery is more than coincidence. My strength comes from the knowledge that my Higher Power has never let me down and will continue to guide me.

Last edited by Thami; 06-24-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 06-25-2009, 03:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome to the grat pack Thami
Old 06-29-2009, 03:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am 90 days clean today and i am very grateful for that.

Just for today: As I keep growing in my recovery, I will search for new ways to practice my program.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congratulation's T!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Congratulations on your 90 Days Thami
Old 06-29-2009, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Big congratulations to you and what a powerful list of gratitude. Congratulations on the baby on the way also. What a gift you are already giving to her/him.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi All.

Thank you for the best wishes.
Today i am grateful for the support that i am getting from SR and you guys.
May God bless us all and keep us clean for another day.

Just for today: I want to continue enjoying the life I've found in recovery. Today, I will take steps to maintain my foundation.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today i am grateful for the fact that i am not allowing the complications in my life to send me back to the pits of a drug addiction. Though i have a restraining order against me and have my Ex lying about me stalking her to the cops. I am grateful that my conscience is clean and I go to bed at night knowing that i have not hurt anyone or done anything wrong.

i am grateful for the courage that i have to keep going on and fighting in my recovery.
i am grateful for the fact that i an in touch with my feelings and i am able to deal with them as opposed to acting on them.

I am grateful that i have found peace, comfort and serenity in my Higher Power and for the devine intervention that has been taking place in these hard times that i am going through. "No weapon formed against me shall prosper, becos Greater is He that lives in me".

I am grateful that I do not need any mind altering substance to see me through my difficulties - and everytime I am faced with a challenge, I am able to rise up and face it sober minded.

Just for today: I will remember that, while I am a complex person, NA is the simplest way for me to make my life less complicated.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my HP, my family and the life i have.

Just for today: I have my own path to follow, yet I'm grateful for the fellowship of others who've suffered from addiction and who are learning to apply the principles of recovery, just like me.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well done on your progress....
Old 07-03-2009, 01:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks to my HP I am still clean and sober for another day, and for that I am grateful that i am developing an understanding of my HP and I am learning to put my trust in him.

Just for today: I will set aside a few moments, once I finish reading today's entry, to pray and meditate. This will be the beginning of a new pattern for my recovery.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

ah, the trust...

the belief, and the faith come easier,

the trust is the hard one...

it's well worth letting go completely...

good for you thami
Old 07-04-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 95.

I am grateful of the fact that i went to a meeting last night, and i met up with my sponsor. I am gratful of the fact that I have been going strong despite all the **** that has been going on in my life. Almost every person that i was in rehab with has relapsed and I am the last one standing (not because i am perfect, but becos i saught my HP's intervention in my addiction).

Just For Today: The principles my program has given me are sufficient to guide me through any situation. I will strive to confront conflict in a healthy way.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am grateful for a new day, Each day i stay clean is a victory....

Just for today: I accept responsibility for myself and my recovery. Today, I will amend some particular thing I'm sorry for.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the meeting I atteded yesterday and the topic of discussion was Over-Analysing things. I have become aware that i am always gulity of this and I am grateful of the revelations that took place yesterday and I am starting to gain some clarity in my life...

Just for today: As I carry the message of recovery to other addicts, I will try to pay attention to the Power behind the message. Today, as I watch other addicts recover, I will try to recognize the God in them so I can better recognize the God in myself.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just for today: Whether I believe in "God" or not, I will use the Power that keeps me clean and free.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 101.

I am grateful for the milestone i have achieved. I am grateful for the fact that I am still clean and growing in my recovery.
I am grateful for the support I have been getting from the ppl here at SR.
To my HP, Thank you for being with me and for showing me the new path of recovery.
A big Thanx to my family for not giving up on me, and for believing in me and the fact that I want to to lead a clean and sober life. To my Bundle of Joy (my unborn Baby), You have not even been born as yet, but you made made so many changes in my life and have made me a better person and for that I thank you... TO my better half - "Pumpkin" words can not express how much I value you in my life... You walked the journey of recovery with me and accepted me in your life with all my flaws and mess ups...

I am learning to adopt an attitude of gratitude and aim to exercise this principle in all aspects of my life....

"Thank You"

Just for today: I want to be free of negativity. Today, I will speak and act positively.

Last edited by Thami; 07-09-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: addition
Old 07-10-2009, 02:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

good for you T

grateful,

we all can grow in recovery...
Old 07-10-2009, 03:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Congratulations on your sober time Thami. Grateful we are all on this journey together.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for the Courage and Wisdom that my HP has granted me to stay in recovery. I ma grateful of the fact that I have accepted and forgiven myself for being an addict and for the inner peace that I have within me.

My cravings have not been botheringme for a while now, and that helps me in my recovery.