Bedtime Gratitude-Part 12

Old 05-03-2009, 08:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
X IV

Grateful Sunday is done.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
wheres astro and richie?
Thanks for asking RZ, I izz here! I just take a break from the keyboard most weekends.

Grateful that my son had a great time on his trip to California with the National Junior Honor Society. And my daughter spent most of the weekend at sleepovers and parties at friends houses. Now I could pout about them spending so much time apart from me on my custody weekends, but I'm thrilled they're having so much fun enjoying life!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

good to see you astro, and good for you on the balance thang!
Old 05-04-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Grateful for sleep - it's been much, much better lately and boy does it make a difference!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a little free time in the mornings, it gives me a few minutes to get my shopping done.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
X IV

Grateful Monday is almost done and done pretty well.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that I still have my job. We're still making cuts, it is truly one day at a time in the construction business.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:41 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

grateful, todays insanity, has come to a close...

grateful to be able to carry the message, and not deliver it...
Old 05-05-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
X IV

Grateful I finished my run even though I wanted to stop the whole time!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
where the light is

I have been very high-strung the past few days. I can't seem to get a handle on "living life on life's terms." Instead, I'm living in my head. Worried about the future I suppose. I wonder if this is common? 16 months of sobriety and struggling with anxiety.

It seems to be a phase I'm going through and I will keep plugging along. More meetings, more focus on helping others.

Kinda neat experience today. My sons first baseball game of the season. He missed last year because he had a broken leg. I was a bit concerned that he would get upset if he wasn't quite as good as the other kids.

We practiced a bit last night and on the field today before the game. And he did just fine (two singles ). I know I gave him that bit of confidence he needed just by being patient with him and telling him that he was a good player, a good boy.

Anyway, the neat part? Light rain, cloudy all day - the sun came out just for his game. A beautiful spring evening, kids laughing & having fun.

I really needed that break from my anxiety. I feel better, stronger. I know that I have to deal with the anxiety but those two hours were just priceless.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
X IV

Originally Posted by gravity View Post
I have been very high-strung the past few days. I can't seem to get a handle on "living life on life's terms." Instead, I'm living in my head. Worried about the future I suppose. I wonder if this is common? 16 months of sobriety and struggling with anxiety.

It seems to be a phase I'm going through and I will keep plugging along. More meetings, more focus on helping others.

Kinda neat experience today. My sons first baseball game of the season. He missed last year because he had a broken leg. I was a bit concerned that he would get upset if he wasn't quite as good as the other kids.

We practiced a bit last night and on the field today before the game. And he did just fine (two singles ). I know I gave him that bit of confidence he needed just by being patient with him and telling him that he was a good player, a good boy.

Anyway, the neat part? Light rain, cloudy all day - the sun came out just for his game. A beautiful spring evening, kids laughing & having fun.

I really needed that break from my anxiety. I feel better, stronger. I know that I have to deal with the anxiety but those two hours were just priceless.
Gravity, anxiety is a very common characteristic for people like us. I have it too. It does get better as you practice asking God for help immediately and not allowing yourself to really dig into that whole. It takes practice and asking HP for help. Meetings and doing for others are excellent helps but what happens if you are at work? Or in the car? Ask God for help over and over.... my prayer goes something like this, God please help remove the obsession to think about _______. I say it a hundred times a day sometimes. Try it and see if it works.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by gravity View Post
Anxiety.....that too shall pass. I worry about the future and finances most days, ride the rollercoaster of lifes ups-and-downs. I attend a meeting, read my meditations, be of service, be a good father and fiance, do the next right thing and ask for God's will for me. And still I snap at my fiancee when she buys something big for the house

I don't think I'll ever completely "get a handle on it", I'm just making progress and not seeking perfection Be gentle on yourself, grav.

Grateful for home warranty plans. It'll be nice to get the A/C fixed, supposed to be over 100 today.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Grav what step are you on at the moment?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
cmc

Grateful to take a day to slow down and take it easy.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
where the light is

Gravity, anxiety is a very common characteristic for people like us. I have it too. It does get better as you practice asking God for help immediately and not allowing yourself to really dig into that whole. It takes practice and asking HP for help. Meetings and doing for others are excellent helps but what happens if you are at work? Or in the car? Ask God for help over and over.... my prayer goes something like this, God please help remove the obsession to think about _______. I say it a hundred times a day sometimes. Try it and see if it works.
Thanks Lbad. I will do this. The anxiety really ramps up when I'm alone - I do a fair bit of driving for work, my family is in bed by 8:30 PM. I guess trying to keep busy is a bit of a band-aid solution but I need a short term fix (NOT alcohol thank God). I did have a time in my sobriety when I was at peace when alone - felt kinda safe & protected. I lost this somewhere along the way. Fear is what I mainly feel instead (when alone).

Anxiety.....that too shall pass. I worry about the future and finances most days, ride the rollercoaster of lifes ups-and-downs. I attend a meeting, read my meditations, be of service, be a good father and fiance, do the next right thing and ask for God's will for me. And still I snap at my fiancee when she buys something big for the house

I don't think I'll ever completely "get a handle on it", I'm just making progress and not seeking perfection Be gentle on yourself, grav.
I do believe in "This too shall pass." But would it hurry the f*** up? My current fears include home repair bills (significant but I can afford it) and a close relative (young girl) who is in the absolute depths of active alcoholism (I can't do anything about it). But it seems lately that there is always something to drive myself nuts about. I just want to be able to accept things as they are and be a good person. Perfectionism is an issue too.

Grav what step are you on at the moment?
Stalled out on step 9 amends although I try to practice 10, 11, & 12. I made a few amends (including my wife) but just can't bring myself to make the other ones. They are all people I love who are very close to me who I know my drinking hurt. There is pride involved and also bringing up tough memories (for them). For example, I missed my brother-in-laws funeral (I was drunk) and I want to make it up to my nieces & nephews. In a way, I am already doing this - I am always there for them (I'm their only uncle) and they know they can count on me. They love me.

Thanks for your kind words. I think I have to let some of this out.

Grateful to take a day to slow down and take it easy.
Yeah, I'm gonna take it easy tonight - my kids' open house at school, pizza with family/friends, and a meeting later.

Everything will be fine.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Grateful I finished my lawn before it rains tonight.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

grateful some awesome after the meets conversation tonight...

grateful for, "Into Action"

as it helped save my life...
Old 05-06-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Grateful for the end of a tiring, but productive day today.

Thinking and saying a prayer for your Grav.

:ghug2
Old 05-07-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
X IV

Just grateful.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for some walk-in business today, we needed a little shot in the arm, and no more layoffs.