Notices

Easter Gratitude :)

Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Easter Gratitude :)

It is also my youngest son's birthday today, Boy do I have a lot to live up to!! LOL!!!

However, after going through some posts, reading and writing and then getting angry, I thought I really need to look at what I'm grateful for today.

I AM SO GRATEFUL TO BE SOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm grateful for my job, my two beautiful sons, my sister, my "sober" sisters, my apartment, my car, my health, my feet being right where my head is and vice versa!!

While I am still having a hard time with some of my resentments, I am so good right where I am today. I have come so far in two years. My life has tripled in greatness from where I was two years ago.

I may be bitter about some things still but I have TONS to be grateful for!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN MY SOBER BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I too am grateful to be sober today. I am also grateful that both my kids 20 & 22 were in my bed this morning kidding around and we were all having a good fun time. They wanted to know if the Reeseterbunny had come last night. What a joy!!!! I am truly blessed to be able to enjoy time with my kids.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
I too am grateful to be sober today. I am also grateful that both my kids 20 & 22 were in my bed this morning kidding around and we were all having a good fun time. They wanted to know if the Reeseterbunny had come last night. What a joy!!!! I am truly blessed to be able to enjoy time with my kids.
So AWESOME!!!! That gave me happy chills when I read it. Amen Girl. Happy Easter to you!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am VERY grateful to be sober and clean this Easter and when my son was asked yesterday, "Are you glad your Mommy doesn't drink wine anymore?" His answer was, "Yes, because I don't want her to die." Me either. 6 year old smarter then Mom, but I knew that already.

Happy Easter Vegi and Believe and everyone else!! I like celebrating this day with a sober head. It means so much more to me now.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

VB's Boy!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

It would have been so easy to wake up today, feeling sorry for myself. I've shared on other threads that I am going through a tremendous amt of physical pain from two ruptured discs, a weird Bursitis in my hip and a pelvic fracture. This turn of events prevented me from being able to make Easter Dinner, my Mom come here from the Nursing Home for the day, my Son and his girlfriend come over and my Brother and his Family come as well.

But you know what? When I woke up this morning with a clear head, a peaceful soul and a deep sense of just being glad to be alive, none of that mattered at all. My Brother, his wife and their newly adopted Daughter they've fought for over the past 5 1/2 years came by for awhile from out of town. I spoke to Mom several times on the phone and my Son and his girlfriend brought me a big dinner from Bob Evans. He also did the things for me I haven't been able to do like take out the trash, empty the water out of the dehumidifier, brought all of my plants into the kitchen so I could water them . . . all the little things that meant so much to me.

I remember several Easter's when by now, my whole family was mad at me, my Son was so upset he went to his Dad's and I was hating myself. But today, I am full of a deep sense of gratitude.

Nice thread. . . thanks for letting me share.

God Bless & Happy Easter to Everyone,
Judy
Old 04-13-2009, 03:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

YAY JUDY!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU for sharing!!