Notices

DAY 8!!!!! I am so grateful.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

DAY 8!!!!! I am so grateful.

I'm grateful to be sober for the 8th day!

I'm super grateful today for people on SR site.

I'm grateful for the folks here that helped me with my questions regarding the fourth step. It was really helpful.

I'm grateful that I completed my inventory for Step 4. Phew. Hours and hours of hard work, but I think I did an ok job of being thorough and honest.

I'm grateful for having a warm, cozy place to live in the middle of the awful snowstorm that has hit my town.

I'm grateful that I have some food in the fridge, because it looks like I'll be snowed in tomorrow.

I'm grateful to have a really great doctor/psychiatrist/therapist who really cares about me and whom I like and trust. I'm glad he persuaded me to consider sobriety, even though its taken me over a year to really commit to it. I think I'm going to go over my inventory with him. I'm a little nervous about it, but he's probably the best person to talk to about this, so I have to trust and move forward with my next step.

I'm grateful that despite the fact that I don't have a lot of wisdom to offer, I have experiences to share that may help other alcoholics on this site.

I am grateful for the other alcoholics and addicts on this site who so openly and honestly share their thoughts, their experiences, their pain, and their successes with complete strangers like me. Without this resource, my nights would be much harder.

I am grateful for the city workers who go out into the cold snowy weather and do their best for hours on end plowing the streets so that the rest of us can get around town just a little bit safer and easier.

Thank you.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice one, all great stuff to be greateful for!

One thing i picked up on it is great to actually have a counseller/therapist who actually and plainly gives a **** about you, makes a big difference. I sometimes wonder if my counseller knows the incredible impact her being born as had on my life?! Very grateful.

Keep going day 107 for me, it get's even better:-)
Old 01-28-2009, 10:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 View Post
Nice one, all great stuff to be greateful for!

One thing i picked up on it is great to actually have a counseller/therapist who actually and plainly gives a **** about you, makes a big difference. I sometimes wonder if my counseller knows the incredible impact her being born as had on my life?! Very grateful.

Keep going day 107 for me, it get's even better:-)
You're very right. It took me 11 years to find the right therapist, and I totally love him. Weird, since he is the first and only male therapist I've ever had. He's a smart a**, intelligent, and I feel like he really is patient and cares about me. I asked him to adopt me but we decided it was against the ethics code. D*mn.

Congrats on 107, nice to see someone doing so well!