Notices

greatfulness

Old 12-04-2008, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

greatfulness

In todays hard times we often feel like were missing out on something Im refurring to not having a nice home or nice car , or a better paying job there's an endless list . I myself find manything in that list . But last nite I watched a program , that literly brought me to tears . and made me relize Im not that bad off like so many in this world . The show was Secret Millionar ( how ever its spelled ) They are very well loaded and live the very highlife . planes cars estates u name it . They gave up all there belongings for one week and were placed in an area of high poverity to live off a small some of money to eat , sleep . something they were totaly not used to . In the end giveing away a very huge sum of money to those they found in there weeks journey that truly were in need and who could beneifit the best from that sum of money , They kept there real life a secret until day 7 where they re-visited those they selected and came clean with who they really were . I was especially touched buy the first hours show . And how they just assumed that people of poverity are there on there own choosing and prefured not to do anything to change there lifes , But the wake up call was them partisapating in this Documentry and finding how how terribly wrong they were , That its lifes hard times and things that happen to ppl that put them in the situation they are in . was a preacher who gave up everthing which was nuttin after Katrina took his home , doing for others while he had nuttin him self to rebuild , A woman who had been homless after a horrible accident on a work site , the hospital bills left her homeless for a yr . a family trying to keep there home while paying for there daughter Cemo treatment for cancer , a Coach who brought together 3 schools to play football after Katrina ( all schools gone ) to win the State HS football Trophy . and many more , The storys shared by these wonderful people who literly have nuttin , but gave of them selfs so much and asked for nuttin in return . They opened there doors to these Secret Millioniars , with out askin for anything in return other then to just help those in need when they need them selfs . They were given a gift of money from these secret ppl . I know this is a long winded post . But Its just something I thought was so heart warming . And a big eye opener for those who have so much and take for granted there upscale lifes and forget that there are people in the world that could beneifit from the money they put out just in a nites meal ( one said 5000$ wasnt even a worry ) to him .... will they change they ways of thinkin .perhaps ...but It sure made me humble and thank My HP for all the things I have in my life , It may not be the best but its sure better then the way things used to be . The show I guess is a new series and will be on again next week it was on Fox ( wensday nites ) for those who wish to watch it . thanks for letting me share this long winded post , and thanks SR for being here for so many that need it . your a life saver for all of us and ask nuttin in return other then we find our lifes better from getting clean or sober .. bless you all this holiday season . :ghug3