Notices

Clear reading

Old 06-28-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clear reading

I just got a routine mammogram last Tuesday and I had not had one since 2001....(no health insurance between 2002 and 2007 being part of the reason)
Being so personally familiar with Murphy's Law......I was dreading the result, but I got a notice Friday stating that the results were clear !

Big Relief !!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
BIG congrats!! I've not had one yet...and I've had insurance for many years. *sigh* Need to get off my a$$.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you've never had a mammogram, I thought I'd give you a heads up on the sensation.

No doubt, you've received emails at some time joking about the horrors of getting a mammogram...?

I'd seen those also....and after I got the first one, I wondered what the fuss was all about !
I, personally, only found it to be slightly unpleasant......just a Lot of overall pressure.....but to me it was never what I'd classify as painful.

Once they get the top x-ray plate where they want it.....you only have to hold your breath for 5 to 10 seconds (not move at all) before the plate is backed off ....that's 5 to 10 seconds, depending on the speed and efficiency of the technician doing it.

I've heard of males being the tech at some places (which I think is inappropriate, but it wouldn't make me leave) .....but I've only seen females working where I've gotten mine.

Hope that helps !
Old 06-28-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No AA

i just had my first mam in nov last year and something showed up so i had to have another in may...6 months of worry in the back of my mind and absolutely convinced at times that i had cancer because of drinking (there's some kinda link i've read) but thank God it was ok.
i urge everyone to get one if it's time to

**edit: i agree with it not being that bad. just as you describe tr--i've had very nice ladies both times and didn't feel uncomfortable -- and the discomfort of the "squish" is very brief
Old 06-29-2008, 04:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

faith
i urge everyone to get one if it's time to
me too faith!

apologys, i couldn't resist!

rz