Notices

Greatful to have made it through my first 10 days!

Old 05-27-2008, 01:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Never give up!

Greatful to have made it through my first 10 days!

Well I have been sober now for 10 days from pot and alcohol and I must say it has been so very very hard! I had no idea how hard it was going to be! I did not necessarily have the desire to drink or smoke as I know I can not do that any longer, but I just did not know how to deal with things. I did not know how to deal with my stress and my anger and I did a WHOLE lot of crying! I am not sure why I cried so much. Maybe for the loss of my old friends pot and alcohol of whom I know I can no longer chill with. I now know I can NEVER use again. I guess a part of me thought I would stop for a while and just do it again moderately or socially, but after losing control and having such a hard time now stopping, I realize if I ever get over this hard hump, I can never go back! Who would want to go back and do this all over again?!?! Well anyhow, I am grateful to have woken up and smelled the coffee to be smart enough to know I must quit forever. I am grateful I have made it thus far and I PRAY to God to please help me, to please help it to get easier!!!!!! Any suggestions on outlets for stress and anger and such? And please don't say exercise or meditation as I exercise everyday (and used to do it high so I am learning to do it sober) and as for meditation, I do not know how, nor do I know where to go to learn. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :praying
Old 05-27-2008, 02:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

c2bso8
and as for meditation, I do not know how, nor do I know where to go to learn.
what helped me, the inner voice of doing that next right thing, and listening to my conscience...

there are manys ways, and its has developed over time...

c2bs08, just seek it, and answers will come...

good wishes

rz
Old 05-29-2008, 03:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 10 days! I know it is hell on earth withdrawing from alcohol. But it will pass! It will! Stick around, you will be OK.