Notices

Grateful for that morning meeting!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for that morning meeting!

You know, those rooms of AA are the first and only place I have ever felt "at home".
The further into recovery I get, and the more I share, the more I find acceptance.
I can sit in that chair and tell everyone that Im a drunk....and its ok. I can tell 'em I was a thief....and its ok. I can tell em that whenever I look at a bridge, I shudder cuz it wasnt so very long ago that I wanted to jump off them....and thats ok too...cuz many of them have been there.
I can tell them I was a liar....that my entire life was built around a lie....and its ok.
They love me anyhow.
Today, Im so grateful for the 12 steps and what it is bringing to my life. Im so grateful for the people who love me.
Peace to all today and have a happy 24.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good stuff imjulie,

I am grateful for people who care unconditionally...without them I would be nothing. I am grateful for the things I still have. My wife. My boys. A roof over my head. A job. A vehicle. Today!

I never saw the im grateful section on this website till just now. Gee I wonder why...lol

I am grateful that the Kansas Jayhawks are going to stomp the Memphis tigers tonight and become ncaa's 2008 national champs!!!!!

Rock chalk jayhawk.....KU
Old 04-07-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome to the gratitude bunch troop!

grateful you found us now!