Notices

gratitude list

Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

gratitude list

I have found for me the gratitude list has been one of the most useful tool's in my recovery. At about 4 mths. in soberity, I had one of my strongest urge's to drink. It was something as little as there being snow on my car that made me want to go get drunk. I had found myself on my way to work needing to go get a few thing's from the store. On my way there i saw an old girlfriend's car at her work. I thought to myself," I should stop and see her". Well, after stopping at the store i realized something hugh. I'm the first person i will lie to. I will rationalize any behavior, good or bad. For this woman worked at no other place than the liqour store. I qiuckly went to work and made a phone call. The person that answered told me i needed to made a gratitude list. Making that list was an important decision in my recovery. I've since added many thing's to that list. I keep it on file in my memory, for quick reference. But, for those moment's when i need to, it's still in my pocket. For this alcoholic, the suggestion's given to me are must's. Because, I've seen what my best thinking has alway's got me. God is love.