Notices

Grateful for Hope

Old 02-14-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
living present tense

Grateful for Hope

It's two years to this day I found this site. Desperately seeking, either drugs I so preferred, or some alternative option that might offer hope. It was down to that, either I committed myself to some instituion, or I found escape in drugs. I found an alternative, this site. It took another 8 months before I stopped using. I still struggle to this day, terribly so sometimes. Circumstances (prevention, Fear!) kept me away from here for nearly a year, but now, I'm striving again to regain myself, what is mine, what I know is for no other to control by myself. This is my life. I choose to live it. Without fear, without external control. It is a gift of love I can offer myself. To choose to accept it or reject it is my option. There's nothing I want more than to be OK within myself. To be OK. Better still, to enjoy life to its fullest. That is a gift of love unparalleled.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

EQ
That is a gift of love unparalleled.
yes it is in my experence...
Old 02-16-2008, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MTH

I am grateful that I wake up happy again. I never thought that was possible...ever.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
living present tense

MTH, greetings! Beautiful to see you made your first post on a thread about hope. To begin each day happy, worth gratitude all in itself. Peace to you.

And Rusty Zipper, you've a familiar voice, I've known since the day I arrived here years ago. I always appreciate your encouragment to proceed ahead.