Notices

I'm grateful theres a God

Old 01-31-2008, 01:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm grateful theres a God

I'm grateful I live on the ocean because no matter how cold or blizzard conditions, or rain, I walk the beach and talk with God. I pray and meditate. I usually walk late at night, alone, and at peace. Theres something about the soft sounds of the night with the powerful sounds of the waves. I can cry, scream, vent, talk and even swear, and God is still there with me....loving me uncondtionally. He is the ONLY one who does that for me. To me, Church is a place of worship. You can find God in your own back yard. Do not search in distant skies for God, for in man's own heart is He found. I had 20 years of sobriety and relapsed in May of 2007. It was very diffucult coming back, but I know without a doubt, that it was God and my own intense PAIN that showed me the way back. I've always been somewhat a loner, taking risks, and losing my way...like being that "lost stray lamb"..but God always paddles my butt back to the righteous path. I paid a price for my relapse...and I may have had a death wish, but those 7 months of using were NOT worth it. I have the knowledge and the 20 yrs of hard core AA, but that means nothing without ACTION. Man, it sucks having to start over....but I am grateful to be "back"...I am grateful I made it back alive, and most of all....I am grateful there is a God.

child of God...Debbie:praying
Old 01-31-2008, 03:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

DL, glad you made it back!

welcome to the gratitude bunch!

xxoo'n blessings