Notices

Tonight, I'm Grateful

Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Today was full of busy-ness, business, and sore arms and shoulders.
Tonight will be defined by a short gratitude list.
that isn't to say I'm not grateful for a great many things; but I don't like to repeat myself when I can, and I'm tired.

Tonight I'm grateful that once again, I can have dinner with friends and only drink water all night without overwhelming temptation.

Tonight I'm grateful for brownies. Having two put a little >ding< on my "Be Concious of Consumption" rule, but they were darn good. Heck-- I wasn't perfect, dietary-wise (or any other-wise), today, but I WAS concious of that second brownie. I knew what I was doing, and it was delicious. Besides, like Mark Twain said- "Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside".

Tonight I'm grateful to have gotten to keep my weekly tennis match! My partner sometimes flakes on me, but not tonight.

Tonight I'm grateful for stretching. If I'm up early enough, tomorrow I'll be thankful for yoga. At the moment, every stretch feels like my muscle's being ripped apart in a painful, yet relieving, way.

Tonight I'm grateful to be listening to the Count and the Commissioner. They're my managers- check out "The Tao of Sobriety" for what I'm talking about.

Tonight I'm grateful to have never owned a cat. That's right, I said it.

Tonight I'm grateful for the Five Precepts, in Buddhism:
Roughly summarized, they are:
1. Do not kill
2. Do not steal
3. Do not indulge in sexual misconduct
4. Do not make false speech
5. Do not take intoxicants

Tonight I'm grateful to have finally created The Basement list-- all those outstanding things that are daunting or unpleasant, that I must deal with yet don't want to deal with...so nothing gets done about them. Time to start cleaning out the basement.

Tonight I'm grateful for bloodoranges. It turns out I really, really like bloodoranges.

Tonight I'm grateful to be tired...and so it goes. Grateful for my Higher Power, my Sober Place, my Sober Partner and all my other friends here at SR, my "normie" circle of friends, and for the fact that I can sit there drinking water and not even feel jealous that they can drink rationally.

Grateful to be turning out the light on today.

Goodnight all. May the sun rise to meet you in the morning.

All the best,

B'sT
Old 02-27-2008, 02:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

always enjoy reading your list's B's

xxooxxoo

rz
Old 02-27-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Some cats are pretty cool!

Mine for instance uses the toilet.

But he doesn't always flush.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

And I know a Tyger that's a cool cat as well!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Today was more or less free, full of calm, relaxation, and cleaning.
Tonight I feel I am ready to start the workweek tomorrow.

Tonight I am grateful for my newly-clean, peaceful and organized apartment. I have no fewer than ten candles burning, and the whole atmosphere's relaxing.

Tonight I am grateful to be concious of the present moment.

Tonight I am grateful for peace and quiet.

Tonight I am grateful to be going to bed early.

Tonight I am grateful to have had a moderate success in business.

Tonight I am grateful that the unpleasant people I had to deal with today were uncharacteristically mild mannered today.

Tonight I am grateful that it's the beggining of March. Spring shall be fast upon us.

Tonight I am grateful for my Jehovah's Witness friend, who is so kindly willing to answer all my questions about their beliefs. She knows I'm not converting, but indulges my curiosities anyway. Did you know that Heaven has reached its full capacity? Apparently even God can't get around fire codes.

Tonight I am grateful to be reading Wicked. What a terrific story, and a fun read so far. And witch sex! Who would have thought they'd ever read about witch sex?!

Tonight I am grateful to have learned "Come Sail Away" on the piano. Cheesy? Yes. Fairly pretty? Yes. An invitation to friends to sing "Iiiiiiiii'm SAAAAAIIIILING aWAY...."

Tonight I am grateful for Nina Simone.

Tonight I am very grateful that my sobriety partner climbed right back on her horse after a brief slip, and appears to be doing quite well. I hope she is!

Tonight I am simply grateful.

Thank you, God, for putting this confused human being onto this confused planet during such a confused time. Sure, it's dizzy-ing, but what a ride!

Grateful. Grateful. Grateful.

B'sT
Old 03-02-2008, 04:26 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

B's
Did you know that Heaven has reached its full capacity? Apparently even God can't get around fire codes.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Today was filled with family, errands, and mindfulness.
I am happy, but am anxious about holding it together forever and ever. I know I must concentrate on each day on its own-- one day at a time, as they say.

Tonight I am grateful for my family. I just saw my ninety-year-old grandmother doing the twist with my uncle to a Dr. John album. My whole extended family is terrific, and having them here today was, somehow, very soothing.

Tonight I am grateful for the small, family-run Italian place where we picked up dinner. Chicken and artichoke lasagna that's truly terrific. I'm also grateful for leftovers!

Tonight I am grateful to be getting back to studying Buddhism. I bought a new copy of the Dhammapada, and a book by Thich Nhat Hanh called "The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching". I've been meditating. I've been breathing. I've been mindful. I hope and pray I can keep this up.

Tonight I am grateful that my grandmother has lived to be ninety-years-old. I hope I'm so lucky.

Tonight I am grateful for a few television shows-- namely The Soup, House, and Breaking Bad; all of which are recent discoveries.

Tonight I am grateful that The Office comes back on April 3rd!

Tonight I am grateful for my sobriety partner, who is a truly terrific person. You should see the great cards she sent me with one of my poems about alcoholism on them!

Tonight I am grateful to have had a day off (more or less) today.

Tonight I am grateful to have started using a campusing board in the gym. This is one example of what a campus board is: YouTube - Campus Board Girl

Tonight I am grateful for the original Thomas Crown Affair, which I just saw again. What a great movie, even if Faye Dunnaway can't hold a candle to Rene Russo.

Tonight I am grateful for the knowledge that I do NOT have to drink. I don't have to give in to temptations.

Tonight I am grateful that friends haven't completely written me off-- I was, and still can be, quite a pain in the ass.

Tonight I'm grateful for Sober Recovery.com.

Tonight I'm grateful to my higher power, my friends here, and myself for deciding to take this journey.

Love to all-- may every addict on this site have a pleasant, happy, SOBER evening!

B'sT