Notices

Grateful for:

Old 12-19-2007, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for:

-my family putting up with me for so long when I was perpetually drunk/using drugs
-people in AA who reach out to me and tell me everything is going to be OK
-my dog
-my ex-GF for helping me realize that my drinking turned me into a person I didn't want to be (even though she is gone I still believe she may have saved my life by leaving when I got really bad)
-the fact that I wasn't successful the three times I tried to kill myself
-that I know what I need to do to get well, although it's difficult to put the methods into practice I know what I have to do
-my grandma for being honest and letting me tell her my darkest secrets without judgement
-my Dad for the help he has given me in the past and present, even though I kept messing up. He sold his prized sports car so I could have a shot at getting well when medical care wasn't covered by insurance. Also for the time he told the nurse in the ER to get the **** out of the room and get someone who knows how to treat mentally ill people with compassion and respect after a bad night of using and subsequent overdose. I am very grateful that he can be stoic, brave, persistant, and forceful with me while still conveying that he loves me.

Thanks for reading.