Notices

Attidude of Gratitude

Old 11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Love Addict and Alcoholic

Attidude of Gratitude

To some people, gratitude is an emotion they feel when everything is going well in their lives. But what if things are not going well? Are you ungrateful? You can be, or you can go looking for gratitude and feel better. We call this an “attitude of gratitude.” It is a way of putting gratitude to work as an antidote to self-pity, depression and sadness.

One way to adopt this “attitude of gratitude” is to find a piece of paper and write down all the things you are grateful for. We call this a “gratitude list.” You can also look for the silver lining, look to a brighter tomorrow, and find someone with more problems than you have.

I learned this concept from A.A. 25 years ago and it changed my life. I just wanted to share it. Remember, November is gratitude month. Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-18-2007, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Attitude of Gratitude....

Hi Butterfly,

I worked with someone at Mental Health that had her Spiritual Name of Butterfly. I don't even know where she is these days though.

Yes I have done many lists of gratitude to find something to lift my depression. It didn't always help me though. My depression could be so profound but I wouldn't even know what triggered it at times.

After being sober a while it was so rewarding to make a list of gratitudes and realize just how much I had to be grateful and thankful for. :comfort

I am so lucky to be where I am today and especially having 19 years of sobriety. I cherish every day of my sobriety and all of the ups and downs it took to get here.

kelsh
Old 11-18-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do look on the bright side of things today. I can always find something good about everything in life.

I appreate my life today and I don't take it for granted. At one point in my life I lost everything home, family, my husband died, ect.

But it was all those loses that made me the person I am today. They say that you never know what you have until you lose it.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

butterfly
November is gratitude month.
never herd that before, thanks...

it was taught to me, gratitude is a action word...

recovery is about action!

comet
But it was all those loses that made me the person I am today
i'm hear'n ya on that!

my intended... didnt make it...

xxoo & blessings

rz