Notices

I'm greatful for Karri

Old 08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
P38

I'm greatful for Karri

Ya'll know I've been r, i & d lately. If you didn't, trust me I have, see other posts. I feft as though I was taking 1 step forward, two steps back...and not knowing why.

I have some ideas. We studied a practice called 2 stepping, that's me. The thought of those 4 and 5th steps scare me, thought I just skip them; you know, that softer, easier way...

I've been in these rooms for right at a year now. Couple folks have suggested this stage is predicatble and if utilized in the right mannor, could be harvested for more positive, sober recovery.

My dear young friend Karri, smarter than her years might suggest, got mr ego to admit things about himself I didn't/wouldn't admit to myself. She's not my sponser. We're close because we joined and about the same so have similar lenghts of sobriety.

For those of you who might caution me about out new found relationship, we're both married, have kids. She's not my sponser. I have a sponser, and I'm gonna carry my otherwise lazy AA ass over to see him tomorrow and work some steps.

I haven't had a drink today thanks to my good friend Karri and the grace of God. Life is just a little better if you can share it with another who understands...