Notices

Thank You Forum!

Old 06-09-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Thank You Forum!

Thank you first of all for wishing me a Happy Birthday. Today is my birth birthday, and today I'm 46yrs old.....No way...did I think I would make it over 40. My drinking took me to a place where I thought there was no return. I have been sober for a little over 4yrs now and living a life I would never have imagined. I started drinking at the age of 12, so when I got here I was pretty much soaked in and out with alcohol. Someone told me that they usually don't celebrate their belly botton birthday. Their sobriety birthday is more important to them. I agree to an extent, but if I wasn't born, I wouldn't have the life I have today with sobriety. God had a plan for me from the very beginning and being in recovery is one I don't take for granted today. Today, I can say that I'm glad that I was born, because there was a time I had wished I hadn't been. My sobriety is very important to me and I show that by going to meeting, having a sponsor, working the steps, and with others, and being in service. I say that because that is what I was taught. And because I listen One Day at a Time, I am graced with another day sober. Thank you all for my life back and the peace and serenity I have today,,,because I can't do this by myself.
I love you all....Take care and God bless!

always,
Denise
Old 06-10-2007, 01:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Denise
Thank You and Happy Birthday.

You feel any younger?

I see you are in San Jose...Oh does that bring back memories..I miss being there...That is where I got sober 21 years ago. been thinking about my early days a great deal lately

Thank yYou..for being here and for posting
Old 06-10-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you soooo much. I'm lucky I can feel anything at all...lol...yes I do feel younger. I was getting so old from drinking and dying. Today, I feel young and living life to the fullest and to the best of my ability. When ever you get a chance to come back to San Jose...look me up...We are very lucky here. There are so many meetings here. You can always find a meeting.

Until then, take care and God bless..

love,
Denise
Old 06-25-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

You rock SR!
Old 06-25-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
believer

Sorry for only now wishing you a happy birthday...i wish you a wonderful life too!

God bless
Old 06-25-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!!!!!