Notices

Feb 27 Gratitude

Old 02-27-2007, 01:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feb 27 Gratitude

I am truly grateful my Higher power whom I choose to call God carried me into the rooms of AA. In the rooms of AA I am humbled with gratitude for all the persons I have met that have helped me to trudge this road to "Happy Destiny". I could never have done this myself.

My gratitude is profound and my heart is full. There are no words adequate to express alll my feelings right now.

There have been times I didn't have stuff to eat--in sobriety--others came through for me. Now I may not have steaks in the freezer but I am grateful for the peanut butter in the cupboard. I cerainly am not perfect and I make my share of mistakes but I am truly grateful I am not the same person I was.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gratitude can be apowerful tool--whe we remember to use it. When i get hit with tewn thousand things at one time and I am feeling overwhelmed--if I
remember to take a deep breath and tell Hp something I am grateful for the anxiousness of the ovewhelm leaves me. And when I am down and deprssed if I can put out there at least one thing I am grateful for the depression does not seem as oppresive and does not last as long.

When i remember to tell those I am closest to how grateful I am for them I am less likely to pick them apart for their differences or point out their flaws.

When I remember to tell my Hp how grateful I am for His love and compassion I am more likely to see other things He has done for me.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Giving Back

Today I am grateful for the ability to give back. Tonight I am sitting on a panel at an NA meetting in a lock down facility. I pray that I am able to carry the message to another addict and that I say at least one thing that helps at least one person. What a miracle it would be if I can turn the light bulb on for at least two!

I am grateful for this opportunity.

Keep it simple, Keep it spiritual
Gigi
Old 02-28-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If I say a prayer before I speak and ask HP to speak through me--I find I can usually get the attention of a gew people and then they are reasponsible for nurturing that thought, phrase, or sentence and applyijgit to their life and thereby growing from it. When they pass it on--we all grow.