Notices

Grateful to be free.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful to be free.

In August of 2005 I stood in front of a judge and listened to him sentence me to 5 years in prison, and remand me to the custody of the Department of Corrections.

Due to an attitude of acceptance and willingness that I had found through the miracle of Alcoholics Anonymous, I found myself being open to the one idea that had always scared me even more than prison. Treatment. The DOC decided to place me in a very intense, long term inpatient treatment program, and I accepted. During my 10 months of inpatient treatment, I was allowed to go to work at my regular job every day, and go home on weekends. After finishing that phase, I moved home permanently in late July.

I have not yet had to set foot inside of a prison. I am still serving my sentence today, yet I woke up in my own bed this morning and, God willing, will fall asleep in it again tonight. I am technically "doing time" (I'm not officially on parole yet), but am living in my own house, eating good meals, working at my job, hanging out with friends, and basically just living a happy sober life. My curfew has been lifted. Other than a few hours a week that I still must meet with corrections personnel, my time is my own.

I earned that prison sentence, in fact, the judge was probably taking it easy on me. The life that I am living today is an unearned gift that can be taken away at any time if I loose my attitudes of acceptance, willingness, and surrender.

I am very grateful today to be enjoying this freedom that I do NOT deserve.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hope3

subliminalurge, I am so proud of you.........I am jumping...............

Up/................and down........... Idon't care what you did, I am sure even though I or many other people haven't been caught, for whatever. we are quilty.

best wishes,hope3