My husband and meth

Old 03-15-2022, 01:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband and meth

Hi everyone. I’m new here and joined to try to get some peace and clarity in my current battle I have now with my husband and his addiction. My husband use to abuse all kinds of drugs in the past but meth was always the drug her preferred. When I met him he was sober for 3 years. 2 years in our relationship he relapse. He lied and lied but at the end the true came out that he was using meth. After an attempt of suicide and him being taken to the hospital for evaluation I forgave him and helped him with his sobriety.7 years past he started acting weird last year in February. The usual not eating not sleeping but now he started hearing voices. He said that he hears me talking with someone while I am asleep next to him. He accuses me of cheating. He would even call me yelling at me that he hears “me and my lover” talking about him and me leaving him. I assured him that I would never do that but I told him he probably doing something causing these hallucinations. He denies it and continued to. So we took a 3 month break. He came back and we tried to work things but he continued saying he hears me at night. He continued to not sleep or eat and lost weight. One day I followed him and found him picking up a baggy of meth. According to him he was mad that I was cheating that he wanted to get even and do meth. After a talk I forgave him and we tried to work things out for the sake of our 2 kids. He then started acting himself again. Fast forward to now. After 8 months he starting again with his hearing me cheat on him while I’m also right next to him. He comes home from work doesn’t want to eat and stays up all night trying “to catch me cheating” . Just yesterday I found a bag of meth in the toilet and he denied it’s his. I just can’t take this anymore. Anyone gone through this issue. I feel like I’m in a nightmare idk what else to do. I love him but I can’t be like this anymore. Today it’s been so hard to get out of bed since I’m so depressed all this is happening . So sorry for the long post I just needed to get this off my chest. Thank you
Old 03-15-2022, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Gladys
I saw what meth did to friends of mine - the lies and paranoia.
I’m really sorry for what brings you here but you’ve found a place of great support and help

D

Old 03-16-2022, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good move seeking advice, venting etc. You are the only one who has gone through or seen similar scenarios. Doesn't make it easier but you are not alone.

I'd say yours and children's safety are the number one priority. His nasty moods could escalate to physical violence too fast. Also keep in minds it's not always the drugs manufacturing thoughts, emotions, behavior etc. they allow the addict to act on what's on their mind or circulating in their sub conscience. Probably some long standing issues he never talked/acted on.

Stay Safe! Keep the children safe!
Old 03-16-2022, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Gladys
I'm sorry to read what you are going through.
I would have to agree, that the safety of you and your children is paramount, especially since his delusions/auditory hallucinations are relating to you. I don't mean to sound dramatic, or frighten you, but this puts you in a very vulnerable position.
Would he be able to live else where for a while, and get professional help? He needs this. You can still be supportive, without him living in the same house. I think it would help you too, not having to deal with him daily. It's no wonder that you feel as you do. Addiction sure does take it's toll.
It may be helpful to work out a plan, him living somewhere else for now. Limit his time around you, and the children, until you gain some emotional strength, as you seem to be exhausted with it all. You will see by his actions if he wants to seek help for his addiction.
You have choices, never forget that.
Much Love
Bute x
Old 03-18-2022, 08:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, sorry to read of the horrible situation you are in.

I urge you to put the safety of yourself and your children first. You need to protect yourself and your children.

You mentioned trying to make things work for the sake of your children, in relationships involving addiction often the best thing for the children is to remove them from the addict.

Glad you are here working things through. I can understand you feeling depressed having to navigate your way through this.