Girlfriend is a alcoholic!!

Old 12-07-2020, 10:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Girlfriend is a alcoholic!!

Hello everyone I’m new here, I been dating my girlfriend for over 2 years.we knew each other since we were kids While dating her I knew she liked to drink but hid it well, drink until she passed out , she had lived with her parents who are also recovering alcolics so no booze allowed in her house, I was a occasional drinker she made me dislike it so much I don’t drink anymore don’t want to be a enabler, her parents kicked her out a few months ago because of her drinking she also has a 13 year old daughter, which confides in me she’s been through too much I have 4 girls of my own , I got divorced a few years ago went through hell came out of it .. now there is her I let her move in, overall she’s fantastic when she doesn’t drink but when she does wow she verbally and physically abusive which she apologizes the next day. She hides alcohol in my house I find it pour it out. I have my kids every other weekend she’s good she doesn’t drink when they are over. But sometimes I come home to a different person she’s great to me when she doesn’t drink but when she does she is mean to me and her daughter, which I grew close with her having girls of my own , I should of known from the beginning what I got myself into. Just finishing off my divorce . I’m stuck I care for her she tells me I’m her world she started AA 1 month ago twice a week that or she’s out. When she doesn’t drink she’s angry.. just stuck and stressed I still stuck around after all her outburst but feel like she won’t change just venting thank you