OT - It’s been awhile. (Dakota)

Old 06-30-2020, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

OT - It’s been awhile. (Dakota)

Hey SR Fam

It’s been a while with lots going on. I am sure there are those here that remember my daughter, Dakota ( she had many SR Aunties and Uncles back then) at the time she was three and diagnosed with kidney cancer ... she is 16 now and we’re having a scare. Last ugh this she discovered a golf ball sized lump in her left breast and she has armpit swelling. She has had fatigue and dizziness, the lump in extremely painful to touch and it stings... Needless to say she is terrified as am I.

She been having issues with her period a few years back and they regulated it with birth control. Everything was great and she decided to stop taking them and for many months things were fine. Then few months ago she started getting irregular again so they started her back on the pill she has been taking it for 6 weeks with no placebo pills. So 6 weeks of just straight birth control pills. At first it looked like it was working then it stopped and she has irregular bleeding.

I am hoping and praying that it is a benign cyst of some sort... I am asking for prayers, good thoughts, whatever it is that is positive that my SR fam can send her way .. I would (we would) very much appreciate it.

Much love & Appreciation
Sherry AKA Passion
Old 06-30-2020, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

the lump is extremely painful to touch and it stings...

Passion, my heart hurts for you and Dakota, I still think of her as little Dakota, and my prayers go out for both of you.

I am living with metastatic breast cancer (and doing very well) but one thing I knew when I found my lump was that the cancerous ones rarely hurt and they don't move. The fact hers is painful may be a good thing, I pray it is a cyst or something that can be removed and done with. Only her doctor and proper tests can tell you for sure, but I am crossing my fingers and saying my prayers.

She's a brave girl, she has been braver than any girl should have to be and you have been wonderful support and a loving mother all the way through.

So I am cheering you on and walking beside you all the way. We have walked the recovery path for many years now, we can walk this path too and hold the faith for Dakota.

Hugs
Old 07-01-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending up prayers for your dear daughter -- for healing, for strength, and to be cancer free. Please take care of yourself as well.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bless your heart Ann 💕 I love you to pieces....

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement..

Seems she has fibrocystic breast due to the birth control she takes to regulate her monthly.

Swollen lymphnode in armpit was due to cut on hand which has since then resolved.

Miss you and your bunny slippers

Passion
Old 07-09-2020, 11:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anaya View Post
Sending up prayers for your dear daughter -- for healing, for strength, and to be cancer free. Please take care of yourself as well.

Thank you so much Anaya.

Doc says all good!!!

💕 Passion
Old 07-09-2020, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh that is such good news. Bless Dakota, she's a fighter who is very blessed to have you to keep her well cared for, Passion.

Please give that girl a big hug from Canada, from someone who has had her in my prayers for years. God's got her covered.

And hugs to you, I can feel the relief you feel.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

nytepassion: Thanks for the update. What a relief. God bless your dear Dakota, and I pray for many healthy years ahead for her.

To all who suffer from cancer and their loved ones as well: Cancer rears its ugly head and sometimes leaves us hanging in fear...but thank God there are those professionals, who can help us through this uphill battle! And thanks be to God, who is there to guide us through these tough times.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello nytepassion!

I'm so happy to hear that everything with Dakota has turned out to be completely treatable -- what fantastic news!

Old 07-11-2020, 12:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Anaya View Post
nytepassion: Thanks for the update. What a relief. God bless your dear Dakota, and I pray for many healthy years ahead for her.

To all who suffer from cancer and their loved ones as well: Cancer rears its ugly head and sometimes leaves us hanging in fear...but thank God there are those professionals, who can help us through this uphill battle! And thanks be to God, who is there to guide us through these tough times.
Amen, Anaya! Faith is the antidote to fear and faith will light our path, wherever it leads.