Unreliable

Old 12-29-2019, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unreliable

Ah saw our daughter today. Was late, as usual. Dropped her off a few hours ago, he forgot most of her things I packed including her only sippy cup. Asked him to get it from the car, and give me the money we spoke about for our daughter while he is gone. So he goes to the car

2 hours later...

He is at the bar watching the game. Who does that? I can rely on him for anything! I need to get child support started asap. Can I without divorcing him? We are currently living separately.

Also, I'm worked up from the fact he called me last night to tell me he loved me and to be extremely mean all in the same sentence. He text me many times too. It was 1am. He was drunk, obviously.

Anyway, my mom is going through a lot so wont be able to help me pay for a lawyer if I decided to get a divorce. Is there any cheaper way? Or free way to get a divorce. Maybe I can fill out the paper work myself? First thing on my mind is to get child support. I'm just worried that he will spend it all on alcohol and say he has nothing to give me. Luckily I put money away for hard time.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear you have to deal with that. It’s very stressful when you are trying to raise a child and cannot depend on the other parent. Not sure where you live but here we have the Family Maintenace Program that you can enroll in for free through the government and they collect child support on your behalf if they won’t pay on their own.... such as garnish wages etc. and you don’t have to be divorced to get child support. Maybe research your gov agency there. Hang in there and just curious is he even reliable enough to see your child without supervision?
Old 12-31-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am sorry that you are going through this, but I know that you did the right thing when you removed active addiction from your home. You and your child must come first.

You may get help by contacting a Women's Shelter or any group that advocates for women. They have contacts that may be helpful and will help you find counseling too, if you need it.

It is not uncommon for those active in addictions to ignore any agreements or court orders re paying child care, but protecting your rights is important. Please get some help with this.

I wish you and your child many blessings in the coming year, a new beginning for each of you to find a life filled with love and peace.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I divorced my XAH and myself hammered out an agreement and then took it to an attorney to make sure it was all written in correctly and file it. It cut way back on the cost.

Yes, you should still be able to file for child support without a divorce. You need to speak to the child support division in your area.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Sending you a hug.