Prayers For Our Loved Ones

Old 10-19-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Smile Prayers For Our Loved Ones

My sister is homeless. It worries me that she is out there. She is under a bridge. She goes for one meal a day at a center for homeless people and hangs out at the library and may do some panhandling. She has been attacked several times. I wish I could let her stay with me but she made my husband an enemy a long time ago and he won't let her stay. But I do have her disabled son living with me. One of my bothers has offered to take her in and an old friend of our family has offered her shelter and help. She wants to stay under the bridge or with me but I can't let her as stated above.

She says all the camps are full of drinkers and druggers and she doesn't want to live in them. She says she is clean she actually sounds better than I have ever heard her sounding in her adult life. She has mental problems and I have tried to get her help a couple of times. I think she may have gotten on a med that is helping her but she does not talk much about it only to say that it helps her
I just ask you to pray for her that she can remain as as safe as possible. Codie prayers are good and if you would please add someone you want me to pray for please do. I believe prayer is very powerful and can lift our burdens as we share our hope and strength. Thank you for reading this.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My son was a homeless heroin addict for about a year. He eventually went through detox and rehab when his values in life overcame his addiction. I feel your sorrow. Your sister sounds like she has mental issues and could be helped if she chooses to do so. Motivation is the reason you have to act the way you do. The story you tell yourself. I hope she finds the motivation to change. In the meantime, my prayers are with you and your family. Don't give up on her. You can't enable her but you can love her and always tell her so.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I will pray for your sister
can we also pray for a sponsee of mine please
Tiffany is her name
Old 10-19-2019, 01:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Splendra, we've walked this path a long time and my prayers go out for your sister, that she may find some proper help with an organization that will help her with her mental issues and medications too and that she be willing to let them.

May I add another prayer for all our lost loved ones. And one more for people like Splendra and many here whose hearts hurt watching their loved ones suffer.

God bless your sister and all who work with people like her.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thanks as always for the support hope to see more prayer request going up too.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will definitely be praying. She does have options, it's just not the options she wants. Maybe eventually she will change her mind about that. Until then, you are doing what you can, which is go to God.

In addition to prayers, sending you a big hug!
Old 10-22-2019, 11:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending my prayers for your sister. Hugs and best thoughts to you and your family.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

My sister is no longer living on the street. About a week ago she called me saying she had been attacked again. So I just went and got her. After staying with me for a few days an old friend of hers got in touch with her on facebook and asked if she would come stay with her and help her with her health issues. Space is limited at my house so it was a lucky break for me that she went to stay with her friend. I am glad she is off the street. Every meal I ate and every time I curled up in my nice warm bed I felt terribly guilty knowing my own sister was under a bridge eating in a soup kitchen once a day. I fell asleep crying and woke up crying everyday.

I know she still has issues and that she could end up back on the street if she doesn't deal with them. She has changed a lot since living on the street. She is a lot more humble. I guess she has had a lot of time to think and she has been going to some type of therapy but I am not sure what kind. I don't know if she will keep it up now that she is off the street. I know I can't do the hard stuff for her.

My two brothers have finally gotten clean one has 3 years clean and the other has 1 year clean. So that is a real blessing it is so good to talk with them and see them looking good and happy. The one that has been clean the longest had the longest time out and has spent many years in and out of prison. He got high in prison too. But the last time he went t prison somehow by the grace of God he realized that he did not want it to be his retirement plan and he woke up and got clean while in prison. He was so close to death when he got busted the police took him to the hospital instead of jail. My mother passed while he was in prison. She never got to see him clean she was so sick the last year of her life and could not visit him in prison but she promised him she would haunt him if he did not stay clean.

So I have a lot to be thankful for today for now my family is good and it makes me feel a lot of joy. I am so glad to be out of codie hell. so much for listening and being there for me. I don't know what I would have done without you here. Prayers going out for all the members here and for their suffering loved ones I know how difficult it is